8

Vince and I had walked back into my bedroom. I felt like shit inside and out. I was over before it began. I didn't really want to be next to him at this time. It felt like his kiss had ruined something that probably would have been really good for me and Amir. Was there even anything close to an Amir and me?

"Can I come in?" he asked.

"No...Vince...this, this isn't right," I explained to him and looked back at my door, "I have to think about a lot right now."

Everyone would still be at the celebration or asleep by now. I knew it was really private for the most part in this hallway, but as I had walked to my room I had passed the piano. It was the piano that he'd kissed me. It made me feel like an absolute asshole.

"What are you chasing that boy for?" he asked me, "He's not gay...you saw how he talks to girls. You know it."

"He likes me though."

"He's a play boy. He just wants attention," Vince argued and gave me this hard stare, "You heard about Mia. You heard about Tosha. You heard about Kim. You heard about the countless other girls that he's broken their hearts. It's about time that someone showed him what it was like."

"Is that what I did?"

Had I really broken his heart like Amir had said before and like Vince was saying now? I didn't mean to. I knew within myself that I had no intention on hurting that boy.

I found it hard to really concentrate as he spoke. My mouth opened to mutter a few words. "You aren't making me feel better." Images of Amir's smile and slanted eyes kept entering my mind. His kiss kept popping into my head.

"He is a playboy," Vince explained, "Me and you...we are all that we have together. I know that and so do you. We are one in the same. We are here in this situation and he wouldn't understand...even if he tried."

"I think he really cared about me Vince."

"No...I care about you," Vince told me grabbing me, "He was interested in you. Him and his fairytales. We are in reality. Haven't I always protected you? I protected you against Patience...I'll protect you against yourself. This is just a stupid infatuation of yours."

I couldn't speak to him. I didn't know how to argue his point. Maybe it was an infatuation but I really did want to take it there and see what happened, but Amir probably wouldn't ever speak to me again.

"I'm tired, Vince," I finally explained to him after thinking about it for a second. I wanted to go to sleep.

"You seem upset...I'm here for you."
Vince was right. He may have been overprotective at times, but he was always there for me. I opened the door and let him in. He came in with all his manliness and I knew that he seemed to think that he had won some kind of victory over my mind and my decisions. I wasn't so sure though. I was still confused on what to do about Amir.

Vince and I fell asleep together.

I couldn't help but to notice that I had an attraction for him as well. Why else would I let him sleep with his shirt off and hold me close? Yet I knew that Amir was in the back of my mind. I had passed my test when he had made his attempt. He'd kissed me on my neck tenderly, but I never turned around. His hand had moved to my started and started to fondle the area right above my penis.

I had pretended I was asleep though. I kept my eyes shut and remained asleep while he had done it. I could feel his hard dick up against my back and I knew that if I didn't really fall asleep, I'd end up digging myself deeper into confusion...deeper into what made Vince.

I heard knocking on the door and it woke me up. It wasn't enough to wake Vince up. He was a much heavy sleeper. I figured if I moved away from him, he would wake up, but he just made a snuffled grunt. Then he turned over. He still had a raging hard on.