24

There was a knock on my door. I was so sleepy that I let it keep knocking. Amir and I had sex for hours. I was completely drained off all energy whatsoever. I watched as Amir crawled out of bed. Why the fuck was someone knocking at my door so early in the morning?

With my eyes closed I listened to who it was. Then I heard the voice. It was Ethan.

"Is he here?"

Amir didn't sound amused at all. I could hear his voice sound kind of draining, "Dog...it's like 4 in the morning."

Ethan seemed slightly bothered, "I really have to talk to him."

"He needs his rest. Can't this wait till the morning?"

Amir was just trying to play the protective roll. I wondered if he felt some type of way about Ethan though. The fact that I had to seduce Ethan for so long didn't seem like it would sit well with him.

"I'm not trying to be disrespectful but..."

"Hey, come in," I stated.

I sleepily woke up. This had better be important. Amir and I were snuggled up real good and it was a colder night in India. I hadn't been so comfortable in such a long time.

Amir let out a sleepy grunt at as he let Ethan pass through the door and then closed it behind him. Ethan was about to take a seat on the bed towards the side Amir was sleeping in, but he quickly ran back to the bed and jumped in.

"What's up Ethan?" I asked, sitting up so he could take a seat next to me.

"I can't do it. I can't marry her."

"I know...I've been telling you this for a while now."

"The wedding is the day after tomorrow though."

He looked at me obviously upset. He looked down at Amir and then back at me. I could see the sight of Amri sleeping so comfortably in my bed bothered him. Amir didn't even seem to notice. His hand had reached out for me and ended up wrapped around my waist as I sat up. He was long gone into sleep.

"I want what you two have," he stated.

He was being real. I appreciated it. A smile spread across my face and immediately I looked down at Amir.

What Amir and I had was special. It was meant to be. I rubbed his hands as I watched him sleep. I wouldn't let him go for anything.

"What are you going to do?"

"I am thinking about leaving... and just trying to really live my life this time," he stated, thoroughly looking deep into my eyes, "I want to escape the cage. Like you did. No more Patience. No more dolls."

"I'm proud of you."

I reached my hand out for him. We held hands for a second before I turned around and realized Amir's eyes were open and his mouth was open as well as though he was about to say something.

I couldn't help it but laugh. Ethan laughed a little too. Amir just gave this suspicious look and closed his eyes again when we released hands.

"I need your help," Ethan explained, "I'm sorry to get you involved."

"What do you need help with?"

"Patience seems real suspicious. I think she has Wednesday or someone spying on me. I need you to bring my stuff to the airport. I already purchased the ticket. Here is the reservation info."

He handed me a folder.

"Sure I'll do it."

"Please just make sure you get everything. Tomorrow afternoon around 3:00, we are supposed to be having wedding rehearsal. That is the best time to do it because we all are going to be busy. I'll sneak out, take a cab to the airport and leave."