Chapter 12

( age hasn't changed)

"Can we talk?" I asked quietly, walking in Zayns bedroom. He was sitting at his desk, doing his school work.

He stopped what he was doing, and looked up. He turned his chair, and faced me. "About what?" He asked, leaning back in his chair. I furrowed my eyebrows, and came closer.

"about that night, when you kissed me" I said a little annoyed that he already forgot. Like, how do you forget about kissing your brother? Wait, that sounds wrong.

"Oh..."

"Why did you kiss me? Why did you get back together with Gigi? Why didn't you talk to me before?" I kept asking questions, that I wanted answers too. That's all I had on my mind for the whole week, and it won't go away.

"I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have kissed you, It was wrong of me to do that. I also got back to Gigi because I love her so much, and she apologized and made it up afterwards. I felt like, if I talked to you, it would get awkward" Zayn explained calmly, but he wasn't even looking me in the eyes. He look staring down at his lap, fiddling with his fingers.

"Don't talk to me. You made me feel like you had actual feelings for me, because you said you didn't want to be my brother. Now I know you didn't mean it, you only used me because you felt heart broken." I said. I then ran out down the stairs. I opened the front door, and ran out. I could hear Zayn shouting at me telling me to come back, but I didn't listen to what he was saying. I just ran, till I didn't hear him anymore.

I stop running, and look around. I was around the middle school where I used to go. I walked in towards the field, even if I know I'm not supposed to. Once I was in the middle of the field, I laid down and breath heavily as I felt my heart pumping fast from running.

I closed my eyes, as I listened to the night. The wind was blowing, and the crickets were making noise. I let out a yawn, and stretched. For some reason, I felt better after running. I didn't feel upset or stupid, like I did when I was talking with Zayn.

~

Its been an hour or so, and it's about 11pm. I should go home, but I also don't want to be alone with Zayn.

I got up and started making my way out of the school yard. I was walking down the sidewalk, till my phone suddenly ringing. I take it out of my pocket, and see Lizy calling. I pick it up, and hear her laughing on the other end. I stop and listen, I could hear people and loud music in the back.

"Hello? Lizy?" I say into the phone. She started laughing again. She let out a burp, which made me scrunch up my face in disgust.

"Niall!" She said sloppily, then she laughed again.

"What are you doing?" I asked, walking to a bench to sit down. I then listen to her mumble some words I couldn't understand.

"Do... do you ever wonder what your real parents are like? Or why they left you?" She asked quietly. I could feel the sudden mood change.

"Sometimes, but I don't like myself wonder too long." I say quietly.

"Why? Why won't you let yourself wonder?" She said. I didn't want to have a deep conversation at the moment, so I have to stop.

"Because, have you seen movies? The kid ends up trying to find their real parents, but the parents are either dead or living a completely terrible life." I said. She suddenly got quiet, and all I could hear was muffled music in the back.

"Niall... can you pick me up?"

"Where are you?" I asked, waiting for answer. I knew she was drunk, and at some sort of party.