Sequel chapter

[ Very long chapter; 3,629 words ]

[ not edited ]

Niall could hear the sound of a woman's voice, and some shuffling sounds. There was beeping noises, which seemed to be right by his face. The smell of a hospital filled his nose, which was unpleasant. His whole body felt sore, and stiff. Niall peak his right eye open, but instantly regretted it, as the bright sun light almost blinded him. He let out a low groan, as he covered his eyes with his hands.

"Mr.Horan! You're awake!" That same woman's voice said with a surprised expression. She rushed over to the patient, and immediately checked if he was okay.

"w-what?" Niall mumbled, after adjusting to the annoyingly bright lights, which he wanted gone. Niall was beyond confused as to what was going on. He couldn't remember anything, how he got here, and what even happened.

"I'll be right back with Doctor Kacy!" The woman, who Niall assumed was the nurse. The nurse ran out of the room, and Niall was left alone it the small hospital room. He looked at his surroundings, and tried so hard to remember what had happen.

Few minutes later, a tall male with a white lab coat walked in with a clipboard. Niall looked at him with a blank face, trying to figure out who that was, then remembered he must be doctor Kacy.

"I'm doctor Kacy, and I've been your doctor for the past 3 weeks. I would like to ask you some questions, then I'll explain what happened. after that, I need to exam you, and run some tests to check if anything is wrong." Doctor Kacy explained to the confused patient. Niall slowly nodded, still having no clue what was going on.

Doctor Lacy grabbed a chair, and brought it closer to the bed. He sat down, and got out his clipboard, ready to write all the new information.

"first question, do you know your full name?" Doctor Kacy asked, which confused Niall, but nodded anyway.

''Niall Malik." Niall said. Doctor Kacy furrowed is eyebrows, but write it on the clipboard. He sat up straight, and asked the next question.

"do you remember anything that has happened in the last year?"

Niall sat there, furrowing his eyebrows. He frowned, and looked to his pale hands. He tried to think harder, but nothing came to him. He let out a sigh, and shook his head no. He looked up, and saw the tall man writing.

"Next question. Do you remember any other names, other than yourself?"

Niall tried to think, but no names came to mind, so he shook his head no. The doctor wrote it down, and asked his final question.

"How old are you?"

''I'm 17."

The doctor looked baffled. He frowned, but wrote everything down. After a few minutes of the sound of pen, writing on paper, the doctor finally looked up, and cleared his throat.

"I will explained everything now, and I need you to stay calm, while I explain." Niall nodded, and the doctor continued.

"3 weeks ago, you were involved in a car crash, and surprisingly, you were the only surviver. You and a friend were on the highway, driving home after a dinner, and some drunk driver crashed into you guys. Nobody has no idea how you survived, because when the car hit your car, it should've killed you in minutes. Your friend, who was identified as Hailee Seinfeld, died on the scene." The doctor explained calmly. Niall was still trying to take this all in. His palms were sweating, but felt frozen.

"w-wait, what?" Niall narrowed his eyes to the doctor, and was beyond confused. His thoughts were all over the place, and it was giving the boy a headache.