6

Six Years Later

The crowd continues to clap in sync, a cheerful grin plastering their features as an almost perfect melody escape their lips.

Your mom smiles lovingly as she watches you lean in towards the baked cake, a two layered structure with all of your favorite Disney characters imbedded in perfected detailed frosting.

They continue to sing a happy birthday as you finally huff the spark out of the eleven digit candle.

Everyone cheers excitedly and Taehyung's the first one to approach you with a perfectly wrapped up gift.

"Happy birthday Y/n."He cooes playfully as he strides himself to your side, quickly leaning in to peck your cheek. An innocent gush of red circles the portion of your face at the suddenness, and Taehyung can't really hold back an amused grin from taking over his perfect symmetrical face.

You always hated it when your face would suddenly turn red whenever he does it. Cause every single time that'd happen? He'd go and on teasing that you liked him or something.

You secretly roll your eyes, putting on a show of pure disgust as you pretend to aggressively wipe away the kissed spot when in reality you weren't even planting a slight touch with your skin.

Taehyung pouts disappointedly but brushes the thought off, knowingly too well that you didn't mind his innocent gesture at all. With a grin, he lifts that gift he had in hand.

"This is for you!"

The said boy always attended your birthday party so seeing him here wasn't that much big of a deal. Unlike the first two years though after meeting him. You can't even explain the far-out ruckus going round and about your party at that time.

Adults just don't know how to keep their voice into a minimum. Like. This is a kids party. Not some elite meeting where you get to gossip about some juicy news happening right before your eyes. Not that anything was worth gossiping about.

Other than that. What left you completely astounded the most. Was the fact that you've even spotted some kids your age whispering amongst themselves about his presence.

As the years pass by, everyone eventually got used to his presence, coming to a well-off decision to just live in the moment and go on with life.

Your neutral lips coils into a much rather flustered one as your eyes widens at the item laid out in front of you. You've open the present Taehyung handed you and you're left speechless.

Seeing this, said boy frowns as he tilts his head to get a better view of your expression. Did you not like what he got you? If not. Then he's willing to take it back and get you something else.

He's about to ask but gets cut off with you abruptly lunging unto him, your arms circling his figure as you press yourself tightly against him.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"You squeal in pure delight as you hug the life out of your bestfriend. Taehyung grins his famous box smile before returning back the hug, the intensity matching your own.

"I'm glad you like it Y/n." He whispers relieved and you draw back before moving forward to plant a kiss on his cheek.

Taehyung wasn't that much taller than you, probably a few centimeters or so but still leveled with your own height.

Taehyung finds himself lost for a bit, malfunctioning a bit as he indulges himself into a trance, needing some time process what just happened.

You just kissed him.

Usually he'd be the one delivering those kisses and not you. He's known you for six years now, and never within those years did you try to get touchy with him. It was either him deciding to randomly do it, or not at all.

"I'll go show this to my mom!" You mused delightfully before dashing your way towards your mom, ready to brag about the cute heart plushy you've always wanted to have.

Taehyung's face turns completely red, his heart pounding for some reason and he can't help but smile at the thought of you finally making the first move. After all this years.

He exhales deeply, feeling a rush of relief and satisfaction streaming the veins of his system before turning his heel to search for the only girl that made him feel this way.

-

It's finally dark outside, the party already ending a couple of hours back and you're currently peaking from your bedroom window. The moon was already on view, glowing marvelously as its light blue and white hues surface the grounds of this earth.

Taehyung decided to sleep over at your place and your mom simply agreed at the thought.

"How does it feel like to finally turn 11?" He asks with that playfulness in his tone, and you pull out a thinking look, your attention torn away from the window to face the ground.

Taehyung waits patiently for your answer, his head tilting slightly to the side to get a perfect view of your moonlit profile.

You pout, shaking your head before making your way towards your bed.

"It feels normal." You answer honestly, a yawn soon escaping your lips and Taehyung casually pokes the side of your cheek in attempt to tune in the wideness of your mouth... Like always.

You plop yourself below the duvet, trying your best to keep your eyes open. Which was impossible.

Sleep was already calling out for you, like a siren luring in its prey with the aid of its soothing melody, and you can't help but welcome it with open arms.

Taehyung watches you slowly starting to close your eyes, and when he's sure that you're completely knocked off, he sighs deeply.

With stealthy movements he gets under the sheets as well, your peaceful sleeping face catching his peripheral view and he leans in to kiss the tip of your nose.

His own eyes starts to slowly drop, and before he's able to force himself to stay awake, sleep engulfs him completely.