2 ~ Assurance

CHAPTER TWO

ALEXZA and her family was having a dinner in one of the fancy restaurant in town. On her right side is her older brother, Dwaye, in front of them are their parents, looking so classy especially her mother.

"How about you, Dwaye? When do you plan to settle down?" It was her mom, asking the man beside her.

Ang pamimilit sa kanila ng magulang na lumagay na sa buhay may-asawa ay napakalaking problema sa kanila ng kanyang kapatid. She can see how his brother play with women, ni hindi niya nga ito ma-imagine na mag settle down. He doesn't even know how to stick to a one woman.

"I'm too young for that, mom." Dwaye said annoyingly. He took a sip on his vodka.

"Too young? For Christ's sake, son!" Her mother gasped. "You are turning thirty in the next few months, Dwaye. Men should settle down at that age."

"I'm enjoying being bachelor,"

"Until when, son?" Her father suddenly spoke in a flat tone.

"Until I found someone who can take my breath away, unluckily, I did not find her yet." Dwaye smirked, then look at her. "How about this beautiful lady beside me? Mukhang mas mauuna pa itong magpakasal kesa sa akin."

Her face heated up. Napayuko siya. Of course, she's not yet ready to settle down, same as Drake. Her boyfriend. Inside of her, she's thinking about it...That she want to get married with Drake so he could not escape from her anymore.

"I'm out of this topic. Dinadamay mo pa ako, Kuya..."

"Well, that friend of mine wasn't yet ready to settle down." Her brother and Drake are friends.

Hindi naman lihim ang relasyon nila ni Drake, pero pakiramdam niya ay hindi lubusang gusto ng magulang niya ang kasintahan. Kung bakit, ay wala siyang makitang rason.

Drake love her. He came from a wealthy family. He has his own business. He's really a good catch. A husband material. But, seems that her parents are not kind with him.

"Same as you, that's why I don't like that man." Her mother announced, it hurts her.

Ngayon lang derektang nagpahayag ng damdamin ang ina patungkol sa lalaking mahal niya. Hindi talaga boto ang mga ito kay Drake at nasasaktan siya sa katotohanan na 'yon.

"Mom, Drake loves me. Why hate him? Hindi niya naman ako sinasaktan. Wala naman siyang ginagawang masama para hindi niyo siya magustuhan."

"Because he's not the type of man that will stick to a one woman. Look at your brother, they're almost the same. Ngayon, mahal ka niya, dahil bago lang kayo. Magaling lang ang mga lalaki sa una. Malalaman mong mahal ka talaga niya, kung hanggang sa huli ay nandiyan siya sa tabi mo."

"Just give him a chance to prove himself. Don't judge him like that. You're being unfair."

"Alexza," That was his dad's warning tone. It made her shut her mouth and continue eating.

She doesn't mean being mean, but she won't let anyone judge her man. She love Drake so much that she's willing to fight for him.

"I know someone who's more deserving than Drake. You should give him a shot, darling." Its her mother again.

"No thanks, mom. I love Drake."

"That's not love, Alexza. You're just infatuated with that man. You have a crush on him since high school, at mas lalo ka lang napalapit sa kanya nang naging kaibigan siya ng kapatid mo. Am I right?"

Yes, it's true that she has a crush on him ever since. Kung ang damdamin niya naman sa binata ang pag-uusapan, siguro siyang mahal niya si Drake. Sigurado siya do'n.