24 ~ Letting Go

A/N: NO UPDATE on Saturday & Sunday. I'm out of town. I will try to update on Monday. Happy reading! 😉

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

ALL THAT ALEXZA wanted that day is to lay in bed, doing nothing but to eat. If this mood is because of thinking how they would celebrate the fifth birthday of Blake or how they would mourn for their son's fifth death anniversary at the same time, she doesn't have an idea.

Or maybe there's something else why she was feeling lazy all of a sudden.

She's just contented laying on Drake's bed, smelling his scent on the pillows while the window is open to feel the air and to hear the waves.

She and Drake always talk about their lives when we weren't together. Natanto nila na ang daming taon pala ang nasayang nila noon at ngayon ay pinupunan nila ang mga iyon.

They're getting stronger and they're starting to build a new relationship with Blake on it. All in all, they're fine being with each other. Mas palagi lang silang sabik sa isa't-isa ngayon kahit na palagi naman silang magkasama at magkayakap.

Suddenly, the door wide open and Drake came in, holding some paper bags.

"I can't find that sweet and spicy dilis you were talking about, love." He sat beside her and give her a kiss on the lips. "I've been looking for it in and outside the Mall, pero wala talaga."

Inirapan niya ito. "Magluto ka na lang niyon kung hindi ka nakabili."

"I will. I bought dilis and other ingredients for it."

"Sarapan mo. Yung kasing sarap nung nakain ko nung nakaraang araw. Dapat gano'n na gano'n 'yung lasa."

Nakita niyang napapangiwi si Drake at napakamot pa sa batok.

When they went to Church last Sunday, while she was waiting for them inside the car after mass while he and Blake was still buying ice cream, she saw an old woman selling sweet and spicy dilis and other kind of snacks.

Nang pagkita niya palang sa dilis na pula ay talagang naglaway kaagad siya. Napabili siya ng wala sa oras. At ngayon ay hinahanap-hanap niya ang pagkain na 'yon! May kung ano yata ang dilis na 'yon.

"Sasarapan ko ang luto para sa'yo. What else do you want to eat?"

Inayos niya ang higa sa kama. "The sweet and spicy dilis only."

"Okay, I'll cook now and bring it here."

"Can you tell Blake to come here?"

"Sure love,"

Muli ay binigyan siya nito ng mabilis na halik sa labi bago lumabas ng silid. Maya-maya lang ay bumukas ulit ang pinto at iniluwa niyon si Blake. Patakbo itong sumampa sa kama.

"Mommy are you sick?"

"No baby," she wide her arm a little for a hug. Blake move closer and let her hug him. "Why did you say that?"

"Because you've been laying in bed since morning."

She chuckle softly and pinch the tip of his cute nose. He's playing with his car toys in the air.

"Mommy feel lazy today. I'm not sick."

"Don't be sick on my birthday, okay?"

For a moment she stilled and think about it. Bakit ba kailangan sabay ang kaarawan nito at kamatayan ng anak niya? Ang hirap-hirap maging masaya sa araw na sobrang malungkot siya.