23 ~ Baby Bracelet

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

KUNG SANA ay nabubuhay pa ang anak nila, siguradong mas triple ang saya. Blake would have an instant sibling, she could almost imagine her sons playing around the beach house. She sighed at the thought of it and feel sorry for the life of his son.

It would not happen at all. Not unless she and Drake would have another baby. It's possible. Yes it is. She love the idea but there's a part of her that she's scared...so scared that she might lose another child again. Losing your own child was heartbreaking and it almost killed her. Nakakatakot na. Ayaw niya nang mangyari pa ulit 'yon.

Humampas ang marahan na hangin at sinabayan iyon ng pamilyar na masayang pagbungisngis mula sa anak habang papalapit sa kanila. Blake's laughter makes her smile.

Sa kabila ng natuyong luha sa pisngi at pighati sa dibdib, nakakatuwang isipin na napapangiti pa rin siya...ng isang bata.

"Mommy! Daddy! Guess what I've got!"

Nanatili ang yakap sa kanya ni Drake nang pareho nilang nilingon ang anak na puro buhangin ang suot na damit pangligo. Ang dalawang kamay ay nakatago sa likod.

"What is it, son?" Drake ask curiously.

"Guess what daddy? Hmm?" Blake smile playfully.

"A shell? Toys? Coins? What?"

"Nah," Blake smile proudly at them. His eyes were twinkle in happiness. "I think I do not need any gift for my birthday anymore."

"Your birthday?" Wala sa sariling tanong niya, malambing na nakahilig sa dibdib ni Drake.

She didn't ask them when is his birthday. Why she forgot to ask about it? It's her son's birthday, she should know that!

"Opo mommy," Tapos ay iniharap sa kanila ni Blake ang maliit na kamay na nakakuyom, may itinatago sa palad. "I already have my birthday gift daddy."

"Let me see," Udyok ni Drake.

Pareho silang nag-aabang kung ano ba ang nasa palad ng anak. He looks so genuinely happy hiding the thing on his small palms.

"My baby bracelet!" Blake announced happily and opened his palm.

Alexza's heart beat wildly at the sight of a small white gold bracelet on his soft sandy palms. She did not expect the effect on her seeing that thing.

May mga buhangin pa iyon pero nangibabaw pa rin ang tingkad ng kulay. The size is only fit to a new born baby. She could almost read the name engraved on its small rectangular pendant.

Baby Blake.

That was the name engraved on it.

"W-Wow," she tried hard to be sounds excited despite of the wild beat of her heart. "That's so beautiful. Who gave you that, baby?"

Tumingin muna si Blake sa ama, parang may gustong sabihin bago muling ibinalik ang tingin sa kanya. Blake was about to answer her when Drake spoke.

"Blake had that bracelet when I saw him. He lost it somewhere and..."

So, his real mother gave him that name? Sounds like Drake. Whoever the woman is, she's sure that he loved Drake, because you won't name your child that almost same as the father if you don't love him enough. Right?

But, where is she now? why she left Blake? That thoughts confused her so much.

"...and I found it again daddy! I'm very happy!"