Ch.4

Dakota's POV
  Today is Dani's birthday, and even though I've only known her for 4 days it feels like I've known her forever. I decided to get my grandma and aunt Cecily to help me go shopping to get her something.
   "Grandma, Cecily are you here?" I yell into the house as i walk in

   "Hey Kota, what's up mom isn't here she's at the office." Cecily asks as she emerges from the hall.

"Remember that girl i was telling you about? The one i met at the beach?" I said as we sat across from each other on the couch.

"Yeah, what's up? You didn't get her pregnant did you?" She asked wide eyed

"What no! Of course not....yet" i said with a smirk

She rolled her eyes.

"Anyways i need you to go shopping with me because today is her birthday and i want to get her something to remember me by when she goes back to California."

Cecily looked almost shocked.  "Wow Kota, she must be something special, you've never gone through this much for a girl before."

"Yeah yeah, can we just hurry up and go I'm taking her out later and i still need to get ready"

This time Cecily laughed and shook her head, "aww my little Kota is growing up so fast" she said in a baby voice.

"Shut up" i said walking out to my truck

Dani's POV
* mumbled voices *

"Dani....Dani.... "
i woke up to see my whole family gathered around my bed, my mom and dad were holding a cake and Jasmine was in front of them smiling but she didn't look right.
Suddenly everything started shaking, my family was fading away, i could hear someone calling my name but i couldn't find them.

"Dani! Wake up, Daniela!" Finally i shot up in my bed breathing heavily.

Jasmine's eyes were wide with worry. " what's wrong, what were you dreaming?"

I looked around quickly before responding. " Y- you and mom and d-dad you were all standing around me saying something i couldn't make out, mom was holding a cake and you were like 15."
"Your 10th birthday" Jasmine said as if she finally understood what i was saying. "The last birthday you had here before everything happened and you and mom moved."

We sat in silence for a minute longer before jasmine smiled and handed me a gift.

"The rest of it is back in California so don't get too excited." She said.

I opened the small box and nearly woke up all the neighbors with my scream. In the box were the keys to my dream car, a white 2014 Jeep Wrangler, perfect for hauling my surfboard to and from the beach.

"Mom and i both pitched in" Jasmine said while covering her ears.

I threw myself at her, "thank you thank you so much, i love it, i love you"
"You're welcome" she responded with a giggle
"Now come on, let's go surf a little before you go out with your boyfriend," she continued while getting off the bed.

Dakota's POV
I checked my phone for the time, Cecily and i have been walking around the mall for almost an hour and i still haven't found anything.

"Come on Dakota she's your girlfriend, aren't you supposed to know what she likes." Cecily asked me.

I sighed getting frustrated.

"That's it!" She yelled punching me in the arm.

"Oww what the hell, what's it?" I asked rubbing my arm.

Cecily jogged to the jewelry shop across the way. "You have a fish hook, get her one to match."

We looked around for the perfect necklace, finally i found one — it was silver with a pearl in the curve of the hook.

"This is perfect, now let's go so i can get ready."