Ch. 6

- 4 months later -
Leaving Hawaii a few months ago wasn't as hard as i thought it would be, Jasmine and i had so much fun together and i think our time together made our relationship a lot stronger. Dakota and I are still together, we talk almost everyday, thank God for FaceTime!!

*buzz*

D: Hey babe, just checking in, we're about to head out for a bounty, this ones gonna take a while so I'll text you when i can. ❤️

M: okay babe! Be safe ❤️❤️

I love that he checks in with me but i also don't because then i just stress the whole day wondering if he's being safe.
Today i don't have much going on, i have to go to the college to see about registering for classes and then i may go to the mall.

Dakota's POV
"Alright son, are you sure you have everything?"
I looked over at my dad as i loaded our gear into one of the cars.
"Yeah i think this is the last of it."

"Alright let's go do the briefing before we head out"

Back in the house grandpa was standing in front of a whiteboard writing a name.

- Dogs POV -
" alright everybody, this one - as we know - is going to be a little different. I got a call last night from a bail bondsman friend of Mary Ellen's in California, she owed him a favor so we're going to help him out"

"Alright our guys name is Samuel Elliott, Duane Lee, what's the physical"

"6'2" 190 lbs, has a scar above his right eyebrow and he has a few tattoos, most noticeable are a skull on his left hand and red lips on the right side of his neck"

"Okay, Leland what do we have him on"

"Violation of a T.R.O, but this guy has 7 priors - two domestic, and the rest are DUI." Leland says.

" okay so right away we know this ones gonna put up a fight right?"

"Dakota, who is our co-signer?"

Dakota's POV
" co-signer is the mother-in-law her daughter is the one who filed the T.R.O"

"Alright everybody, lets pack up and head to the airport." Grandpa said as we all got up and walked outside.

- At the airport -

We got to our gate and sat down while we waited for boarding.

"Have you talked to Daniela today?" My Dad asked me as he sat down.

"Yeah i texted her this morning telling her that we might be on a long one and i would get back to her when i can"

"So you haven't told her that we're going to California?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"No, and don't look at me like that. I know what you're thinking and you're wrong, i haven't told her yet because i want to surprise her" I said with a slight attitude.

"Do you like her? Like a lot?" He asked starting to stand up.

I stood up also straightening my pants, " I really do dad, i think I'm really falling for her"

He smiled a little before responding, " good, she seems like a good girl son, I'm happy for you."

"Thanks Dad." I said smiling as we started walking to the plane.