Jasmine

- 5 years ago -

" how are things going at grandmas? You being good yeah?"
I looked around the cold room before answering,
"Yeah"
"Look at me Jasmine." He said as he put his hand on the glass that separated us.
" I wanna go home, when can you come home?" I asked as my vision got blurry.
"Hey don't cry, look I can't come home yet, it's gonna be a while ok; but I need you to hang in there be strong.  How's your mom and Dani?"
"Dani started a new school on the mainland she likes it,"
"5 MINUTES"
I jumped in my seat and saw the guard pacing back and forth. " I should go daddy, I love you."
"I love you babygirl."  I put my hand on the glass the match his and then walked away.

3 Months ago
I woke up early today to make sure I had everything ready for my appointment with the bail bondsman and headed out to pick up my dad.
-outside the office-
"Ready for this dad?" I asked as I looked over and turned off the Jeep
"I'm ready kiddo, I promise I'm going to get clean and keep up with check ins" he said straightening his collar and smiling.
"Let's go"
"Aloha, is Dog here?"
I stood quiet as a big man turned the corner and walked towards us.
"Howzit! I'm Dog, go ahead and have a seat"
-Dog's POV-
"Okay brah, here's all the paper work, we just need you to fill it out and I assume this is your co-signer?" I ask as I smile at the young lady beside him.
"Yes sir, this is my daughter." He replied
"Now as a co-signer you understand that if your dad misses check ins, court dates,etc. first we'll contact him to try and resolve it, if that doesn't work we will go to you, either you help us out or you are responsible for that money." I ask as clearly as I can.
"Yes I understand." She responded and I filed the paperwork soon after.