The Birthday

Dani's POV
After being at the beach for a few hours jazz and I came back home so i could start getting ready, i haven't talked to Dakota much today, only this morning when he texted me happy birthday and assured me he hadn't forgotten about our plans.
   I took a shower to get all of the sand off of me, it took almost an hour but i felt much better after.  I decided to straighten my hair and do a full face of makeup, something i haven't done my whole time being here.

*buzz*
D: Hey gorgeous, I'll be over there soon just have to make a quick stop 😘.
M: sounds good, take your time❤️

I smiled at my reflection as i put my phone down, to be completely honest I'm terrified for tonight because Dakota could ask me to officially be his girlfriend, but he could also just be after one thing which is the part that scares me, i like him a lot even though we've only known each other a short time.  "What the fuck is wrong with you Daniela" i said quietly.

"Damn bitch! You look hot" i jumped at the sudden voice, Jasmine was standing in the doorway of my bathroom.

"You fucking scared me, but thank you." I said shaking my head.
"Anyways i just came to tell you that Derek is here." 
I rolled my eyes at her, " his name's Dakota"
"Yeah whatever" she said as she walked out of my room.

I looked one last time in the mirror before taking a deep breath and reassuring myself that everything would be ok.

Dakota's POV
Once I parked in front of Dani's house i sat in my truck for a minute telling myself in the mirror that i got this, it didn't work, i was way too fucking nervous.  I walked up to the front door and knocked three times.

"Hey, Dakota, come on in I'll go get Daniela." Jasmine said to me as she let me pass. 

I stood awkwardly in the living room waiting for the girls to come back out. 

"Holy shit." I said under my breath when i finally saw her.

"Hey you" she said with a big smile.

I couldn't help but return the smile, " Hey, you look amazing."

She giggled which made my heart skip a beat, "oh shit! These are for you." I said holding out a bouquet of roses and a box with her necklace.

She opened the box and i held my breath hoping she'd like it.

*gasp* "oh my goodness, Dakota it's beautiful i love it" she said hugging me.

"Thank god." I said letting out a sigh of relief.

She laughed and asked if i could put it on her, i did and we left shortly after.
🌺🌺🌺🌺

After dinner and walking at the beach for a while i finally took her home.

"Hey, so i was wondering.." i started while looking down at my steering wheel while we sat outside her house.

"I was wondering if you maybe want to be..... my girlfriend"

We sat there for what seemed like hours.

"Dakota, will you look at me please." I heard while i was staring down at the ground, i looked up slowly and all of a sudden Dani smashed her lips onto mine.

"I would love to be your girlfriend"