The Family Business Part 2

Dakota's pov
After i realized Dani wasn't going to stop i told her that i would take her in with me today. I know my family, they won't say yes to her at least not right away. Hopefully grandpa and dad don't encourage this too much.
"Ready to go babe?" I heard snapping me out of my thoughts.

I turned to Dani, sighed really loud and then responded, "let's do this."
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺
At the office~
"Look babe, please don't get sad when-if! If they say no," i pleaded while unbuckling my seatbelt.
"I won't, i promise." She said with an optimistic sparkle in her eyes.

"Hey hey hey!!What's going on" i shout into the office.

"Oh good you're here, we were just about to call you a new case came in we're about to brief" grandpa said while walking around grabbing papers and a marker.

"Actually before that can we have a little family meeting" i said looking through the place at everybody.

"Aww congratulations my babies! Dani's pregnant! I gotta say you're a little young bu-"
"Grandma no!! We aren't pregnant! Please stop" we yelled laughing with everyone.
   Everyone laughed and got quiet so i could finish.  "Alright so we do have news but it's not what you guys are thinking" i say looking at my grandma.

"Daniela here, wants to become a bounty hunter."  I say with no ounce of excitement in my voice.
Everyone is quiet and that's when i look over at her, the sparkle in her eyes is gone...

"Dani-"  grandpa dog starts.
"Dani, i think it's really great that you wanna join the family business and maybe in time you'll be ready," he looks around to everyone.
"But honey, right now you're not yet, now trust me with some proper training and education you'll be ready in no time, but for now i think it's best if you maybe stay in the office and file reports?"  He finished as more of a question.

A sigh of relief came out and my heart rate slowed, thank god. I thought to myself.

Everyone else was nodding along with what grandpa said.

"Okay, that's all i wanted, was for you to believe that i could do this eventually."  Dani finally said with a smile on her face.

Damn i love her.