•16•

Diego's P.O.V
Aleks and I ran to her car where Eliana and Cody were waiting. We got in the back and started driving home. I was still holding Aleks's hand but she didn't seem to mind...maybe she did like me. I looked over at her and she was crying. I noticed that she wasn't wearing her seat belt so I put my arm around her and scooted her into the middle seat so we were closer. I held her close and she rested her head on my chest. I just sat there and hugged her while tears continued to stream down her face. Eventually I sat her up and made it so we were face to face. I made eye contact with her and wiped her tears. She gave me a small smile...but I could tell she was holding back so many more tears. I grabbed both her hands and held them while making eye contact. I really wanted to kiss her....But I didn't because I didn't know how she felt. "X..don't cry...things will get better... I promise" I said while holding back tears of my own. It made me feel sad to see her in this condition. "I'll try..but only for you" she said with a small crack in her voice. It was the type of crack you hear in someone's voice right before they break into tears. I moved her closer to me and she rested her head on my shoulder. I held her hand and got as close to her as I could and waited to get back to Redlands.
Aleks's P.O.V
Diego had saved me. I felt so loved. We got in the car and he hadn't let go of my hand. I didn't mind it so I held on to his. But I started crying because everything was so stressful. Jackson was still alive and could possibly come back and do worse than just knock me out..I was popping xans and I still hadn't told Diego and I really wanted to know how he felt about me. I didn't wanna be "best friends" forever.. I wanted to be more. I still held on to his hand but avoided looking at him. I looked down into my lap and let the tears fall. Diego must have noticed because he put his arm around me and pulled me into the middle seat...I didn't know why but I let it happen. He wrapped both of his arms around me and held me close. I rested my head on his chest and continued to cry. These were all signs that he liked me..but how could I be sure?? After a couple minutes he sat me up and made it so we were making direct eye contact. He wiped my tears...I gave him a small smile but I was still stressed out and trying to hold back more tears. He held both my hands and looked me in the eyes. I really wanted to lean in and kiss him but I didn't want things to be awkward in case he didn't feel the same way. "X...don't cry..things will get better....I promise" he said. He made me feel a little better but his facial expression changed to a sad one. I tried to make him feel better so I said "I'll try....but only for you" .  I could see he was still hurting but he brought me even closer. I rested my head on his shoulder and he held my hand..I felt my stomach get butterflies ..now we just had to wait until we got back to my house to talk to him. I really wanted to talk to him about the way I felt...Even if it could ruin our friendship. He deserved to know how I felt, and I was dying to know how he felt.I wanted to tell him about the xanax.And I wanted to thank him for saving me.