Chapter One: Nightmares

"It is love that can make us strong, but it is also love that can make us weak." -Makarov Dreyar.

Natsu's P.O.V:

"Oh Natsu" I heard a menacing voice, but couldn't see anyone. "Who's there?! Show yourself!" I yelled. I was in a ring of fire, all around me was darkness. "Where the hell am I?!" I yelled. "Oh, I think you know exactly where you are Natsu." The voice's laugh was so evil it made me shiver. "WHO ARE YOU!" I again yelled. "You know who I am. I am you, you are me." And there he was. My worst fear, my inner demon with his pointy horns, dark wings, and a long, scaly, dragon tail. Sharp claws for hands, dark marks all over his body. And written on his chest, in dark letters was E.N.D., which means Ethererious Natsu Dragneel. 

"Why are you here? What do you want?" I gritted my teeth. "I thought it was obvious. Chaos. Destruction. Death." I felt his breath on the back of my neck. "But what I really want is to be let out. Spread my wings and fly. While I make all the chaos I want and make bloodshed." He chuckled. "You do know once your so-called friends find out who you really are, what you are. They won't want anything to do with you. You'll be an outcast by the people that you call family. Dealing with the torment of being hunted by your best friend, who seeks to avenge his family." My face was blank, but he kept going, "They won't stop until you're dead. Until they get their revenge for what you did to them." "But I didn't do anything to them," I replied. "Not yet Natsu, operative word, yet. And what about lying to everyone for all these years? I wonder what they will say about that?" "I didn't lie!" I yelled. He came close to my face and hissed, "Yes you did! You lied about where you came from and who you are. You lied about EVERYTHING. And once they find out the truth, they will never believe or trust you ever again." He smirked at me, enjoying my pain. I felt defeated, I got down on my knees, "Yeah, I already knew this. I just don't want to believe it. To believe that I did and will do all of those cruel things to the people that treated me as one of their own. And I already knew they wouldn't forgive one another. Frankly, I'm not even sure that I will forgive myself." I looked up at him, he had on a satisfied smile on his face. "It's good that you realize your fate. Now look at this, this is only a preview to the real thing."                                                     

Then I saw a horrifying sight, the place I call home, Fairy Tail guildhall, went up in flames. My guildmates running in terror, some were trying to fight back. Some were unconscious or . . . dead. Erza, in one of her many armors, on her knees while holding onto her sword for balance. "You bastard!" She stated. Gray, in his demon slayer form, black markings covering his body and icy wind. He was huffing and puffing, "I'll kill you E.N.D!" Romeo, hovering over his father's body, crying. While standing next to him, Wendy using her healing magic to help Macao. "You did this Natsu! You killed my Dad!" "That isn't Natsu! He's E.N.D.!" Gajeel, Levy, and Juvia. Juvia was grabbing onto her stomach, she was coughing up blood. Gajeel was gaging on his own blood, Levy was trying to help him. "Darn you to hell, you demon!" Levy yelled with tears in her eyes. And me, making all the chaos with a menacing smirk on my face. Acting like this wasn't my family that I just betrayed. 

"What a site." He chuckled. I know all of this was fake. Only a dream but, I still wanted all of this to stop. I just wanted to yell, 'This isn't me! I don't want to do this' But I can't. I was clenching and un-clenching my fist . My blood was boiling but, there wasn't anything I could do to stop this. I wanted to do something and stop this nightmare! But I know that one day, one day soon this will happen and there is nothing that anyone can do about it. "Wow you're really are depressing are you? How come you're friends can't even notice that smile that you put on your face is fake? That everything you do is fake!" He started laughing like a manic. "Some friends they are. Well I gotta go." Before he left, he turned me around and so I could face him. "Oh! And before I forget. Say hi to blonde for me." He smirked then disappeared. And the last thing I saw was Lucy's dead body covered in blood. 

I woke up, almost leaping out of bed. I was covered with sweat my whole body was shaking. I was gasping for air, I hate his monthly visits, it's a nightmare every time. It's like reminder why I'm here. "Natsu?" I looked at Happy, he had a concern look in his eyes. I patted his head and gave him a small smile. "Morning buddy." "Natsu? Are you okay? You kept tossing and turning in you're sleep." "Yeah I'm fine buddy. Come on let's get ready and head to the guild." 

HAPPY'S P.O.V: 

For the past couple of months Natsu has been distancing himself from everyone. Taking jobs by himself. Getting into fights with everyone he sees. We're all getting worried about him. We haven't say anything to him. We didn't want to bother him. But now has this dark aura, that's get darker and darker everyday. I'm actually starting to fear Natsu, he's never like this. It's really scary. I wonder what's making him like this. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------AUTHOR'S NOTES: 

Hey everyone, I hope you like my re-do of the first chapter, please leave a comment about the story. Also please follow me and share my fanfic to others. I just want people to enjoy my fanfic. And I am so sorry about this, I couldn't take it. I wanted to re-do EVERYTHING!  It was bothering the crap out of me! I do not understand how you'll read that or even stand it! It was just sloppy. I'm sorry, but I couldn't handle it anymore. 

And now questions, even though some of us already know where this story this heading. It's for the new readers. 

1. Why is Natsu having this dream? 

2. Isn't anyone noticing how unhappy Natsu is? 

3. Will the truth come out and how will everyone take it? Will they be able to handle the truth? Or they will turnoff him? 

Well, that's all I had to say. Later my fellow Fairy Tail fans.