Chapter Thirty-One: Old Memories

AUGUST'S P.O.V:

I watched my mother cry in my arms. Father always told me how Mother was a strong, powerful, always had a smile on her face. But, now she's in pain, and I don't know what to do to comfort her. "Is it okay if I ask, why are you crying?" I asked her nervously. She looked up at me with a sad look in her eyes. She placed both her hands on each side of my face. She leaned in, placing her lips on my forehead. Her lips, there so warm. Is this what a mother's love feels like?

She wrapped me in arms, "The reason why I'm crying right now," She pulled away from and looked me in the eyes, "Because, I missed my own son's first words, first steps, first everything. And I don't even remember being, getting pregnant. Giving birth, what kind of mother am I?" "A mother, that would sacrifice everything for her child. Even though her unborn child was taking her magically power, her life force away from her during her pregnancy. She still gave up her life to let her child live. And during that process, her memories were taken away from her and replaced with new ones. That the baby's father put into the mother. Before she took her last breath." I looked at Mavis her eyes were wide in shock. "What?" She asked. "It seems like I have a lot of explaining to do. Maybe it would be easier if I showed you what happened all those years ago." "How" "By giving you back your memories." I kissed her forehead, giving back her memories.

300 YEARS AGO

MAVIS'S P.O.V:

After Zeref and I shared our first kiss. He told me about the empire he created in another country. He asked me to come with him and I told him yes. I had to get away and being with Zeref makes me happy. I just hope the other will understand, someday.

It took us two weeks to get to Zeref's kingdom, it was bigger than I expected. We were riding in a carriage, riding down the street of the kingdom's village. The villagers surrounded the carriage. Cheering Zeref, "All hail, Emporer Spriggan." Spriggan? I looked at Zeref and asked him, "Why do the people call you Spriggan?" I gained his attention. He looked at me, then looked back outside. "The people in this kingdom, wouldn't have made me their king of they knew who I really was. In their eyes, I am a loving, fair ruler. But, when I'm away from here. I am, who I truly am. Zeref, the dark wizard. Who creates demons to terrorize people." I grabbed his hand, he turned to look at me. He looked shocked, at my sudden action. "You are loving Zeref. You are a good person. you're just cursed. But don't worry we will find a way to break the curse." Zeref gave me a soft smile, he leaned his forehead and placed it on top of mine. "If only that were true but, I don't think there is a way to break the curse, Mavis. I have tried for so many centuries. Do you know why I created those demons?" He asked me. I shook my head no. "I created them, so they could kill me. But, all of them failed in the end. So, now I just use them as servants." He explained.

The rest of the ride to the palace was quiet. We finally made it to the palace, Zeref showed me to my bedroom.

"Thank you, this room is beautiful. I love it. My old bedroom wasn't this nice." I felt a warm hand around my waist. "You're welcome, only the best for my queen." I felt my face heat up. He saw my reaction and asked, "Is there something wrong Mavis? Your face is red." I moved away from his grasp, "It's nothing." He lifted up my face and looked me in the eye, I felt face heat up even more. "Mavis, you know you can tell me anything, right?" I'm so nervous right now. I never felt this way about someone, this is all new to me. I feel so embarrassed. How am I going to tell him that, whenever he's around my heart flutters? That my breathing hitches every time he touches me. Even though I'm older than I look, I feel so inexperienced. I'm not sure what to say or do. "I-it's nothing Zeref really." I raised my hands against his chest pushing him away slightly, giving us a little space. Zeref didn't say anything, he had a blank expression. I turned around and started to walk away. Until I felt to arms circling around my waist, he was hugging me from behind. "Z-Z-Zeref w-what a-are y-you d-doing?" I couldn't help but stutter. "Mavis, I can tell that you're nervous about everything, so am I." That surprised me, but I didn't interrupt him. "I never felt like this with anyone. Not for a long time and even then that feeling was different. But this feeling is something I craved for a very long time. For someone to understand me, to love for me even with this curse. And to stand by my side forever." I turned around, I gave him a small smile. "I do understand you Zeref I also love you with all my heart." I gave him a peck on the cheek, making him blush. Zeref smiled at me, "I wouldn't have it any other way." 

If only it did last forever, nothing would have made me happier if we could stay together in our own little world. But, I guess it never meant to be. 

Three months passed, Zeref and I couldn't be happier. Every day we would spend the day together either, taking long walks around the kingdom. Reading in his own personal library or practicing magic. He taught me so many spells and told me so much about his past. Like his life before he was cursed. I felt so sorry for him, of that dragon didn't slaughter his family he wouldn't be cursed right now but, we wouldn't have met. I kind of had mixed feelings about it. Speaking about feelings, I have been having this pain in my stomach. Some mornings I would be running to the toilet to vomit. Zeref thought it was food poisoning but, I don't think that's it though. I decided to go to the infirmary as I walked down the halls. My stomach felt queasy, ugh! If it is a stomach virus, I really don't have time for this. Zeref and I are going to have a picnic later today and I'm really looking forward to his food right now. I've been craving it for weeks. 

I knocked on the door to the nurse's office, "Come in!" I poked my head through the door to see a young woman in a nurse's outfit. "Hello mistress, please come in." I walked in looking around the room. "It's finally nice to meet you Lady Mavis." She bowed her head and I did the same, "It's nice to meet you too, um." "Heather, my name is Heather." She gave a small smile and I returned it. "It's nice to meet you too Nurse Heather." I walked closer to her. "Oh please, you don't have to call me that Heather." She giggled, her laugh was contagious. "Well then, call me Mavis. Lady Mavis makes me feel old." "Okay," She agreed. "Now, will you sit here on the table and tell me what's going on?" I did what she said. "Well, to be honest. I have no idea what's wrong with me. I've been having to throw up almost every morning. I've also been moody sometimes." Heather looked at me with squinted eyes. "Hmmm, okay lye down I'm going to use my magic to see what's going on. But I'm pretty sure I already know what's going on. I better check just in case." 

I laid down on the bed, she raised her hands over me and they started to glow. After a few seconds, she stopped, "As I thought. Mavis, you're pregnant." 

Huh? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTES: 

Hey, everyone, I hoped you liked this chapter. Please comment and share my story. Later my fellow Fairy Tail Fans!!!