Chapter Thirteen: The Dragneel's History

GRAY'S P.O.V:

"It all started 400 years ago." Zeref started to talk, and Natsu looks uncomfortable. "The Dragneel family were a peaceful family besides the father being a famous gladiator and the mother being a famous healer. They named their eldest son Zeref and their youngest son Natsu. Zeref was quiet, distant. While Natsu was loud and cheerful. These boys were only two years apart, so that made them very close. They did everything together. The older brother loved his little brother with all his heart. He would do anything for him. When Zeref was seven years old, he was going to meeting at one of the best schools in the area. His family was so proud of him. The interview took all day but he was accepted in the school, when he got home he expected for his little brother to run out of the little cottage that they call home and run into his big brother's arms. But sadly that didn't happen, instead, the house was on fire. And the person who put the house on fire was Acnologia. It seems that Acnologia was after dragons slayers. And since the little brother was a dragon slayer, he was targeted. And so were other dragon slayers, like Wendy, Gajeel, Sting, and Rogue. They too were targeted. But lucky for them Lucy's ancestor, Anna saved them by taking them to the future by the invention that Zeref created when he was older but, that's a story for another time. The dragon slayers were sent to their dragon foster parents."

So that means Wendy, Gajeel, Sting, Rogue, and Natsu are all 400 years old? "A year past after Zeref's family died. He went to his school and he studying life and death. Wondering why people live and why do they die. His professors kept telling him that he should stop researching such things, especially at such a young age. But Zeref refused to give in hope to bring back his little brother. Twenty years have past and Zeref was still studying life and death. And one day one of his professors told him he was expelled from the school. Telling him that he can't bring his little brother back from the dead and that he will never see his brother ever again. Zeref felt something inside of him, something dark and cold, and before he knew it a wave of dark magic went through the whole school. Killing everyone. It seemed Zeref had upset the god of life and death, Ankhseram. He placed the curse of immortality on Zeref. But it seems whoever has this curse and loves life will kill it, by just walking by. And if you have this curse and hate life, you let it live. Thus the reason why you are all still alive. I hate life, I think life is evil and filled with darkness." He glared at each and every one of us.

He cleared his throat, "Anyway back to the story, after Zeref found out that he was cursed he decided to isolate himself, but no matter where he went. He would take away life. Birds, plants, and wildlife. Soon he wishes he too would die. So he started to make demons. But each and every one of them failed to kill their master. Soon he decided to make his most powerful demon and bring back his little brother. It took Zeref 400 years to make his most powerful demon. He was so happy that he brought his brother back to life and sad that he cursed his brother to become a demon against his will. But Zeref refused to let his brother be forever gone. Yes, it was selfish of Zeref to do this to his beloved little brother, but he didn't care. All he wanted was his little brother back and if he would have to die. He would want it in his brother's hands." "So you mean to tell me that you did all of this, JUST SO YOU COULD BE KILLED BY YOUR OWN BROTHER?! YOU HAVE KILLED SO MANY PEOPLE AND EVEN RUINED YOUR OWN LITTLE BROTHER'S LIFE FOR OWN SELFISH REASONS! WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST LET GO, HUH?! WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST LET NATSU GO? HE WAS PROBABLY AT PEACE, AND YOU JUST MESS THAT UP FOR HIM!" I yelled at him.

Zeref glared down at me. Then he smirked, "Gray Fullbuster. The demon slayer, will you kill Natsu to stop him? Cause that will be the only way to defeat him. His mind is gone, he's only a puppet and I'm his master, pulling the strings." Some big brother he is. "E.N.D please fight the demon slayer and show these people how powerful you're really. And don't hold back." With those words, Natsu charged t me. We fought, but it wasn't like our usual fights. He was really trying to kill me. "Natsu snap out of it!" I tried to punch him, but he caught it mid-air. Then he started to laugh, "You humans are really pathetic, you know that!" His voice was dark and menacing. His words were harsh, it's like he's a totally different person. "What?" I asked him. "Humans and their emotions. It's really pathetic. I'm ashamed that I was your so-called friend for so long." He smirked at me and held my fist fighting, causing blood to come out. I greeted my teeth from the pain. Which only made Natsu smirk at my pain, "You can't even land a single punch on me can you? Because I look like the old friend you grew up with. Am I right? You can't even get over the friendship we made to even save your own life. How pathetic." He was right I couldn't do it. Was I really that weak? He punched me in the face. His hit was so powerful, making me blackout.

LUCY'S P.O.V:

I woke up in a red room, Happy was sleeping next to me. There was a lacrima sitting on top of the nightstand. Showing what I'm guessing in the main hall. I heard and saw everything. From Zeref telling the story to Natsu knocking Gray out with one punch. I felt tears go down my cheeks. This is not the Natsu, I know. But this isn't his fault, it's Zeref's.

ZEREF'S P.O.V:

After Natsu knock out Gray I decided it would be best if they would be put in the cells. Who knows what kind of trouble they would if they're out like this. "Put them in the dungeons!" My guards did as they were told and Natsu walked up to me. "Would that be all brother?" "Yes, that will be all for now. But why do you have Lucy and Happy in your room?" I asked him. He smirked at me and said, "Can't I have a little fun of me own?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------AUTHOR'S NOTES:

I hope you like this chapter. What do you think the guild wizards will do? What is Zeref's next step in his plan? What will Natsu do to Lucy? Only time will tell. Until next time, my fellow Fairy Tail fans! Later