Chapter Thirty-Three: I'm sorry

MAVIS'S P.O.V: 

After the talk with Zeref at the picnic. Everything went back to normal, well kind of went back to normal. I'm nine months pregnant and I haven't been easy on Zeref. I've been making him run back and forth. Stressing him out, not only that I've been on bed rest since I was second months pregnant. The baby has been taking a lot of energy, magic, and life force. All the healers that Zeref called said the baby is just trying to protect its self from the curse. This makes sense but, Zeref has been worried ever since. Thinking that the baby might take my life. I told him, that I have a lot of magic so I can heal myself. I'm sure everything will be fine. 

But, honestly, I'm not too sure that's true. I feel something mad might happen and everything will go to hell when it does. 

ZEREF'S P.O.V: 

Mavis hasn't been looking too well. She looked like a ghost, her complexion was pale. Her skin is cold as ice. She said she was fine but I don't believe her. She looked like she's getting weaker by the day. I sense her magic power disappearing, she said, she's been using all of her magic power to protect the baby. 

"Lord Zeref! Lord Zeref!" One of the maids came in rushing into my office, "What is it?" "Lady Mavis is in labor." With those words, I ran out there and into my bedchambers. I saw three maids around Mavis, she looked worse than she did before. She looked like she's in so much pain. But even in all the pain, she's going through right now. She still had a smile on her face, "There you are. Come here, you wouldn't want to miss this." I walked by her side, "Okay, I'll be your side until the end." Heather smiled at both of us, "Okay I need you to push Mavis!" That looks painful. 

MAVIS'S P.O.V: 

It's been about two hours and the baby was finally. Zeref and I placed a magic spell on the baby. So when he's around us. The curse won't affect, oh right. The baby is a boy, Zeref thought we should name our son August, the month we met each other. That brought a smile on my face. I held my baby close to my heart. I saw a little smile on his face as he sleeps, "What a peaceful little baby." "He looks just like you, Mavis. He might as well be the boy version of you and become a mama's boy." I giggled at the thought. I felt my eyes getting sleepy. My arms were getting weaker. August was getting heavy, "Woah, you're about to drop him, Mavis. Are you okay?" Zeref asked me. I couldn't respond to him, I'm so tired. I looked at my baby boy and the love of life one last time before my eyes closed. 

ZEREF'S P.O.V: 

I was holding August in my arms as I watched my love close her eyes. I couldn't sense any magic power in her. It was clear she wasn't breathing either. Is she dead? "Heather! Heather com here! Now!" August started to cry in my arms. Heather and other maids came rushing in. "What's wrong Lord Zeref?" "Mavis, she's gone." I gritted my teeth. I looked down at my crying son, Mavis put in all of her magic power so August could live. Heather saw me, she hesitated on walking toward me. "Lord Zeref, Let me take the young prince." I knew what she was thinking and I don't blame her for thinking that way. I glared at her, "You will not touch my son." She nodded her head quickly, "Please don't blame the baby for Miss Mavis's death. A lot of mothers die after giving birth to their child. Besides, Mavis wouldn't want you to blame August for her death. I'm sure she would do it again in a heartbeat." I was looking down at my son. He finally stopped crying and now was sleeping peacefully in my arms. The only thing I have left of her is my arms sleeping. I sighed in defeat. 

I gave Heather, August. I walked over to Mavis's corpse. Why, why do all of the people I love die? Do I really deserve all of this? And what about August? Even though Mavis and I put a spell on him so he won't be able to die around us. It doesn't mean he won't die. Well, he is immortal. But still. Won't he die as well? I can't let that happen. He's all I got left of Mavis. I can't, I won't let anything happen to my son. I grabbed Mavis's hand, I kneeled down by her side. "I promise you, Mavis. I will do everything in my power to protect our son." 

I went to the Fairy Tail guild leaving Mavis's body there. I knew they would be able to do something with her, maybe even bring her back. I rearranged her memories. So, that she doesn't remember August and thought I was one who killed her. She won't remember our time together or August. I know it's unfair for her and to August, but it's the only way to make sure my death is possible. Even she hates me, as long as I die and my family lives happily and peacefully. It will all be worth it. 

PRESENT TIME

MAVIS'S P.O.V: 

I felt tears go down my face. I looked at August to see him crying as well. I grabbed him and pulled him into my arms. "I'm so sorry, you had to go through all of this. I'm so so sorry." I couldn't stop apologizing to him. If only I was stronger, I could have been there for August and Zeref. August had to grow up without a mother and Zeref had to raise our son all by himself. "Please, will you ever forgive me?" "There's nothing to forgive Mother." With those words, I broke into sobs. We hugged each other I don't know for how long. But it felt good to finally have a peace of mind. But the war outside is still going on and I don't think there's no other way to stop Zeref except killing him. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTES: 

Hey, everyone, I hope you guys liked this chapter. Please leave comments and share my fanfic. Until next time my fellow Fairy tail fans! Later!