Chapter Two: Different

"We don't have to know what tomorrow holds! That's why we can live for everything we're worth today!" -Natsu Dragneel.

Lucy's P.O.V:

I walked into Fairy Tail and went to the bar. For some reason it felt different, I can't explain it. "Hey Lucy" "Hey Mira, can I have a strawberry milkshake?" "No problem Lucy." As I waited for my milkshake, I realized it was quite in the guild, too quite. But I decided to let it be and enjoy the silence. As I was enjoying the peace and quiet. The doors to the guild were busted open. "LUCY!" Quiet over. Of course, it was so peaceful, the dragon wasn't here making chaos. "Natsu! Would you just shut up for one second? Actually, make that a day." "What did you say, ice princess?!" Natsu and Gray walked to each other ready to fight, again. It's way too early for this. "Don't get me angry Gray!" "Or what?! What are you going to do flame brain?!" "Trust me you don't want to know!" Something is different about Natsu like his personality changed. "Okay, that's enough!" Oh boy, Erza is here. Nice knowing you Natsu and Gray. They didn't stop when Erza told them to, Erza was about to hit Natsu but he caught her fist. He looked at her with a menacing glare. Shooting daggers at her, then he puncher her, sending her flying across the hall. The guild went quiet, Erza never been punched like that. Especially not by Natsu, I don't like this. It's like he's a totally different person. "W-What did I just do?!" He stuttered, surprised at what he did. "Erza is going to kill you!" Gray said. Natsu looked like he wasn't listening. He was looking at his hands, he looked he was panicking. Erza walked up to Natsu without him noticing and punched him in the gut making him unconscious, everyone laughed. I looked up at the balcony and saw Master, he didn't look too happy. Maybe he knows something that we didn't. Or he's suspicious of something.

I walked to Natsu's body and drag him to the pond outside. I placed him next to me. After a couple a minutes he started to wake up. "W-what happened?" Natsu asked me. "Erza knocked you out by punching in the stomach," I explained to him. "How did I get out here?" "I took you out here, though you could use the fresh air." "Thanks, Luce, you're always there for me." He smiled at me, making me cheeks flush. "No problem, I know you'll always be there for me." I smiled at him. He looked down not making eye contact with me anymore. "Lucy, what if I wasn't with you anymore?" I turned my head and faced him. "What?" "What if I wasn't here anymore? What if one day you, the guild would have to fight me?" "Why would you ask that Natsu?!" "I'm just saying! What if I turned and there's nothing you can do but kill me to stop me. We all have to go someday, Luce." "That someday won't ever come! You won't ever turn evil." "What if I did? What would you?" He didn't look at me. "Natsu? What's going on? You've been acting weird for months now. None of us wanted to ask you what was going on with you. But now, I'm asking. What's going on?" I looked at him sternly. Natsu took me into his arms and hugged me. I hugged him back, I could feel his warmth his arms. "Nothing is going on Luce. I'm just asking stupid questions." He hugged me tighter. "But, please Lucy answer the question." " I wouldn't let you become dark Natsu. I wouldn't allow it." He didn't say anything else. So we just sat there, clinging onto one another.

When we walked back in the guild and sat at a table. He was quiet, he was looking down at his hands. I touched his shoulders and he flinched from my touch. "Natsu, are you okay?" "Y-yeah, yeah I'm fine." He gave me a small smile. I was about to say something but, "ATTENTION FAIRY TAIL WIZARDS!" Everyone looked up at the balcony. Gramps was standing on the handles, "This year we will attend the wizard's games once more!" Everyone cheered, ever since we won the guild games, each year we would participate in the games and win every time. "AND WE WILL WIN AGAIN THIS YEAR!" Gramps yelled. Everyone cheered, "Aren't you excited Natsu!" I asked him. He wasn't listening to me, he kept looking out in space. I could see the distraught look in his eyes. I tapped on his shoulder, no answer. I tried tapping him again he didn't move. Then I started to shake him, trying to snap him out of it.

NATSU'S P.O.V:

Lucy's words kept repeating in my head. She wouldn't allow me to become evil, which basically means. She won't give up on me, she'll keep fighting. No matter what. I wasn't focusing on anything, I was just kept thinking. Thinking how I will betray these people that I love and the people I call family. How they took me in without knowing who am I or where I came from or what I've been through. And what do I do in return? Stab them in the back and turn my back on them. I felt someone shaking my body. I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Lucy looking at me with concern in her eyes. "Natsu are you okay?" "Yeah, I'm fine." I couldn't look at her in the eyes. So I got up and walked out of the guild. I wasn't really walking anywhere, I just needed to go somewhere. Somewhere that isn't around people. So I could be by myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

I hoped you like my second chapter and once again I am so sorry about all of this. I really wanted to fix my fanfic. But please leave a comment and tell me how you like these two new chapters of my fanfic. And if you don't like the new way I have written my story, well I tried. Until next time my fellow my Fairy Tail fans!!! Later!!!