Chapter 36: The Book of E.N.D

NATSU'S P.O.V: 

After Zeref sent that message, we all started to get ready. Wendy was healing all of our injuries. We needed all of our strength, this was going to be the biggest fight of our lives. 

"Uh, Zeref, sir. Would you like me to heal you?" Wendy asked. 

Zeref chuckled, "No need, Wendy, I barely used my strength and I don't have any injuries that need healing. I see you are still as kind as ever." 

"Wait have we met before?" Wendy asked. 

"You probably don't remember me even if you're memory came back. You were quite young. I think only Gajeel would remember me as Natsu's older brother. You and others were too young." Zeref explained. 

"So you knew all of all us?" Sting asked walking up to the two. So were the others. 

"Yes, I knew all of you. Every day after a playdate or after training with your dragons. Natsu would talk all about you. And I have seen you all with your dragons too." 

"Seems like our minds are still a bit hazy, I don't remember ever meeting you," Rogue said. 

"Well, you all were still quite young. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't remember our encounters even without the memory wipe." 

Zeref tensed the air, it got thicker. Almost hard to breathe. The dark aura was stronger now. That's when we saw it. A giant dragon was flying towards them. 

I looked over to Zeref, there was a smirk on his face. He turned to me and started to laugh. Everyone looked at him like he was crazy and backed away from him. I don't blame them, any normal person would think he was insane. 

"This is the moment we've been waiting for, brother! Now, let us all take part in this historic event. This battle will go down in history. Brother, stand next to me." 

I walked next to my brother, he pulled me into a hug and whispered "After this, we will fight. You will take my life. Like you were born to do." 

I nodded my head in agreement and understanding. We pulled away and was faced with Acnologia. 

He landed on the ground and transformed into his human form. 

"Well isn't the Dragneel brothers. I should've known it would be you two that would try to pull a stunt like this. So pathetic, still trying to avenge your dead mommy and daddy. You even brought your dead brother back to life to get your revenge. Then getting yourself cursed for messing with the balance of life and death. I wonder, what wouldn't you do to get your revenge on me. I bet you would kill your own flesh and blood to get what you want." Acnologia chuckled. 

I flinched at his words. I don't think there wasn't line Zeref wouldn't cross to get what he wants. 

"Ah, I see you brought all of the dragon slayers with you. Well, that makes things easier for me. Now I don't have to hunt all of you down. I can slaughter you all in one fatal swoop." 

"They're not only people he brought with him Acnologia." Irene walked up to Acnologia. "Hello beloved, been a while." 

Acnologia stared at Irene with astonishment, "Irene, is that really? How is this possible? You should be dead? It's been so long, and yet you look like you haven't aged a bit." 

Irene chuckled darkly, "You haven't changed either Acnologia. I would like to introduce you to someone. Someone very important to me. Erza, come here please." 

Erza walked to her mother and stood next to her. Acnologia's eyes looked like they were about to come out of its sockets. I don't exactly blame him right now. He's meeting his daughter for the first time and she's fully grown.