Chapter Four: A Blue Cat?!

NATSU'S P.O.V:

"Let's go inside!"

"Wow, it's pretty big in here

"Wow, it's pretty big in here." I placed the egg on the ground. "Doesn't feel like we're a family?" "What do you mean?" I sat down by the egg and Lisanna sat on the other side of the egg. "Well, think about it. It's like I'm the mom, you're the dad and this egg is our baby." I felt my face heat up, "I guess that doesn't sound so bad." Then Lisanna's cheeks turned red. "How about we warm up the egg together," Lisanna suggested. "Okay." We huddle up against the egg. "It's so warm." "Yeah, it is." I agreed with her. "I hope the egg hatches soon." 

After a while, we decided to go for a walk in the forest. I took Lisanna to where I first found the egg. "So this is where you found the egg?" Lisanna asked. "Yeah, it feels out of that tree when I punched it." "I see." Out of nowhere a forest Vulcan, it was starring at the egg with hunger in his eyes. "Boy, give me egg!" The Vulcan yelled. I gave the egg to Lisanna and stepped forward to the Vulcan. "No way! If you're hungry, you can eat my fist!" I punched him in the chest. But it seems like it had no effect on him. That didn't stop me from keep trying though, I have to protect the egg and Lisanna. The Vulcan punched me upside the head, making land back. Defiantly going to feel that in the morning. "Natsu! Let me help you." Lisanna yelled. I started to get back up, "No, you need to protect the egg. Besides, I was raised by a dragon. I'm the son of Igneel and I refuse to beat up by an oversized monkey!" I charged at him only to get punched. 

"Natsu, use your magic to fight him!" Lisanna yelled. "No, he's only using his fist and so will I!" I yelled. The Vulcan charged at me. He kicked me but, I was able to block him. Then it was my turn to charge at him. I used all the force I had and head bumped him. I was able to knock him out with one blow. "You did it Natsu! You really did it!" Lisanna cheered. "Yeah, I really did do it." I felt something wet land on my head. I looked up to see gray clouds coming, "Come on Lisanna. It's about to rain." We raced back to the hut. I put the egg underneath my shirt so it wouldn't get wet. We made to the hut, "Wait right here." Lisanna said. She walked in and said, "Come in." I walked inside to see Lisanna sitting on the ground. "Welcome home dear." What? "Huh?" She glared at me and repeated, "Welcome home dear." she gritted out the words. "Oh, uh. Hi honey, I'm home." She smiled at me and her face started to turn red, I could feel my face heating up too. 

After a while, my stomach started to growl, "Sorry, I guess. I'm hungry." "I could cook for you if you want." She suggested. "Wow! For real, that would be so cool. What are you going to make?" Wait a minute, we only have is the, "No! I won't let you cook the egg. I rather starve!" "Don't jump into conclusions!" Lisanna yelled at me. "I want to hatch the egg! Not fry it!" She explained. "Oh, okay." Then the sun started to set. Lisanna and I walked out of the hut to see the sunset. "Wow, so pretty." I nodded my head agreeing with her. It was really pretty. That night we slept peacefully inside the hut. 

The next morning, I woke to a surprise. "THE EGG IT'S GONE!!!!" I yelled. "WHAT????!!!!" Lisanna yelled too. We ran to the guild and started asking our guildmates, "Okay, which one of you stole it!" "We didn't steal your egg," Gary said in a duh tone. "I don't know anything about it. Gray your clothes." Cana said. "Oh man!" Gray yelled. We kept asking all of the people in our guild. "Come  on guys, I just want my egg back." "Aw, look at you. You're about to cry." "No, I'm not!" I yelled at Mira. "Mira, don't tease him about this. Now stop crying Natsu." "I'll make you cry Erza!" "Gosh darn it, Mira! Give him back his egg." "I already told you red. I don't have it. Maybe you ate Erza or should I say porky!" "What did you just call me?" Erza yelled. Lisanna had tears in her eyes, "Poor egg." She started to sniffle until Cana said, "I just remembered. Elfman said he was jealous of you guys having an egg the other day." "Huh?!"Lisanna exclaimed. "He's the one who ate it?!" I questioned. "No! He would never do that!" Lisanna said. "Hey, guys." We all turned around to see Elfman holding the egg. "Sorry, I didn't mean to steal the egg. I just wanted to keep it warm for you guys." He explained. "Well, thanks, Elfman. You're a real man alright!" 

Once Elfman placed the egg on the floor it started to crack. Everyone gathered around, then a bright, blue light appeared from the egg and flew up into the air. Once the light was gone, we could see the creature from the egg and it wasn't a baby dragon. It was a blue kitten with white wings. He landed on top of my head and said, "Aye!" "He's so cute!" Lisanna exclaimed and so did the rest of the guild. Everyone wanted to pet and hold the blue cat. "What should we name him?" "How about Happy?" Lisanna suggested. "Why Happy?" I asked her. "Because just a second ago everyone was worked up but now everyone is happy." "Okay then. His name is Happy the dragon!" 

PRESENT DAY

NATSU'S P.O.V: 

I smirked at the memory, "Yeah, those were the days." "Yeah, don't you miss it?" "Of course! Being a kid was great." "Not that Natsu. Did you miss acting like we were a family?" I looked over at Lisanna. She was flushed and flustered. "We're already a family Lisanna. We're apart of the Fairy Tail Guild. Which makes a family." "No! I mean acting like husband and wife! Do you miss that?" She asked. I took off guard by that, "Why are you asking that? Yeah, it was fun as a kid but we're grown now Lisanna." "I know that, but I just thought maybe when we grow up. We would become a real husband and wife." Oh boy, "Look Lisanna. That was a long time ago and we grew up. I thought you died and I had to move on." I tried to explain to her. "But why?" She whispered. "Well, it wasn't like we were together anyway Lisanna." She stood and looked at me in the eyes, "We could be! Just give me a chance! Please!" Lisanna started to beg. I stood up as well and looked down at her, "I'm sorry Lisanna. But I don't and never had those feelings for you." "Do you like someone else?" 

"What?" "You heard me. Do you like someone else Natsu?! Well, do you?!" I stared down at her, "That's none of your business. I don't have to tell you." She glared at me, "Is it Erza?" She asked while I just stared at her. "Is it Evergreen? Juvia? Levy? My big sister Mira? Lucy?" I clenched my jaw at Lucy's name. And Lisanna saw this. "It's Lucy isn't? You have feelings for Lucy?" I didn't answer her. "I'm taking your silence as a yes." "Does she know?" "No, she doesn't know." "Why? What does she have that I don't?" She whispered. Tears started to run down her cheeks. "Lisanna-" I started but she cut me off, "Why? Is it because she was there for you when I wasn't? Tell me this Natsu, if I didn't disappear would you be with me right now?" "No, I wouldn't," I answered to her truthfully. Her eyes widen in surprise, "Why is she so special?" "Because she is my mate." 

"Your mate?" Lisanna asked in confusion. "Yes, my mate. each dragon slayer has one and Lucy is mine." Lisanna started to sob, her body started to shake rapidly. Then out of nowhere, she pounced on and started to kiss me. I tried to push her off while not hurting her. Put the taste of her lips, disgusted me. I had no choice but to push her hard enough for her to let go. She landed on her behind, I could my anger rise. How dare she, I grabbed her by her collar and brought her face into mine, "Who do you think you are? Kissing me like that. Knowing good and well, I don't like you like that and I have feelings for someone else." "I just thought maybe if I kissed you. You would see that I'm the girl for you." She tried to explain. Which only made me angrier. "You are not the girl for me. Lucy is and only Lucy." I dropped her on the ground. I bent down to her level and grabbed her chin for her to look at me in the eyes, "If you ever do that again or say something like that again to me or to anyone else. You'll regret. Understand?" She nodded her head rapidly. I smirked at her and said, "Good. And let's this be the last time you ever speak to me again." I walked away from her, I could still hear her pathetic little crying. Ugh, whatever. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTES: 

Hey everyone, I hoped you liked this chapter. Please leave a comment and until next time my fellow Fairy Tail Fans!