Chapter Five: Guild Games

LUCY'S P.O.V:

The guild games were coming up, we've been training hard for it. But Natsu, he's been so different. Like he's a totally different person, whenever someone was talking to him, he would get snappy and rude. Whenever he's around me, he would act real flirty and cocky. It's so weird, he's only nice, in his own little way, to me. But this aura around him, it's so dark and cold. Like all the good in him was being drained from him and he's only but a hollow shell. And he's only faking it, all of it.

"Hey, Lucy." Natsu walked up to and gave me a smile. "Hey, Natsu." I gave him a small smile. He frowned at me, "Luce, is something wrong?" "It's nothing Natsu." I was about to walk off until he grabbed my arm and turned me back around. "I don't believe you." Natsu shot back. "And I don't believe you." I shot back. He seemed to be taken back about my sudden outburst. I even was shocked by my outburst. I took a deep breath and looked Natsu in the eyes, "Natsu, are you okay? I still feel like you're hiding something from us." I explained to him. I saw his fist clenched and unclenched, his jaw tightens. "I'm okay Luce." He grabbed my shoulders and smiled at me. But that smile it seems so .......fake. He tightens his grip on my shoulder, almost making me wince in pain. "N-Natsu, y-you hurting m-me." He pulled me in close, "Lucy, everything is fine. So please stop worrying about me okay?" He tighten his grip when I didn't answer. "I said okay." "O-okay Natsu." He let me go and walked off. Something is really wrong with Natsu, I don't know what but, I will find out what's wrong with my best friend. And save him like he always saves me. 

A week has passed, and we were currently heading to the kingdom for the guild games. I've been avoiding Natsu, after our last conversation. I'm kinda scared of being around him by myself now but, that doesn't mean I won't figure out what's wrong with him. The person I trusted the most with my life and my best friend, I am terrified to be around with. Crazy right? I can't give up on him though, he would've never given up on me so I won't give up on him. But I may need some help. 

When we got to the hotel, we have all partnered up to sleep a room. I was in room 202. "It seems like we'll be sharing a room." I turned around to see Erza, Juvia, and Mira. "Oh, cool!" We walked into our room. There were four beds, two on one wall and two on the other. And each bed had the same nightstands. There was a balcony too with beach chairs. It was beach themed. "This is really nice," Mira said. "Yes very, I love the beach theme." Juvia laid in one of the beds. "I agree, say let's head to the beach then. We deserve a little fun after all that training. And we need to rest our bodies." Erza suggested. "Great idea Erza!" I exclaimed.

We told the rest of the guild that we should head to the beach and they all agreed to have a little party at the beach. A little sun is just what I needed. After changing into our swimsuits, we headed to the beach. "Wow, this beach is beautiful!" "You can say that again." I was startled at the voice. I turned around to see Natsu. He had a smirk on his face. "Nice bikini Luce." I felt my cheeks heat up by Natsu's words. He walked closer to me. His aura felt so dark, it sent shivers down my spine. "What's the wrong Luce? You seem kind of nervous." He didn't even make his voice sound like he was concerned. Like he knew what he was doing to me as if he knew I was somewhat afraid of him. "Hey, Lu-chan! Let's play some volleyball!" Levy called out. "Coming!" I took one last glance at Natsu and he had an evil smirk on his face. I ran off to Levy.

NATSU'S P.O.V:

Ugh, why can't I control myself? The closer he gets, the more I lose control of myself. I can't help myself but, to have enjoyment in terrorizing everyone. Tomorrow is the day. "I'll see you soon big brother," I whispered to myself. "What did you say Natsu?" Happy asked out of nowhere. "Nothing Happy. Just thinking about tomorrow." I need to make the most of this, I'm starting to lose control and get aggressive toward Lucy. And she's the last person I want to hurt. Oh come on, I hardly put her in any harm, I hardly put a finger on her. Doesn't matter. The point is, she won't even talk to me, let alone go anywhere near me, because of you. Isn't that good? She'll hate you and wouldn't care much when you turn. He's right, making the others hate me, will be helpful on them stopping me or better yet. Killing me. See? Getting others to hate us will be beneficial to us. They'll hesitate or regret on killing us, even though we'll die once our master dies. He's not my master! Jeez, sorry. I grunted at his words. Everything will be different after tomorrow. I hope one day they'll forgive me.

THE NEXT DAY

LUCY'S P.O.V:

Today is the first guild games tournament. For Fairy Tail, the competitors are Natsu, Gray, Erza, Mira, Laxus, Wendy and I. We're deciding who should be in the first competition.

"I think it should be me!" Natsu said. "Why should you go first?" Gray asked annoyed. Natsu smirked at Gray and said, "Just trust me, I have a good feeling about this." We all looked at each other and nodded. "Okay Natsu, since you seem so confident. You shall go first." Erza said.

"Okay everyone, once you've chosen your competitor put their name inside the box!" We did as we were told and put Natsu's name in it.

"Okay! Before I announce the players, I will announce the first tournament! And that will be a SINGING COMPETITION!" Everyone was shocked at what the announcer said. But who was really surprised was Natsu.

"Did he say singing competition?"

That's when we all knew we were screwed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Hey guys I hope you liked the chapter and the idea of Natsu singing. I mean, I'm sure we thought of it or imagined him trying to sing. No? Just me? Okay. Leave a comment and follow me, later my fellow Fairy Tail fans.