Chapter Twenty-Three: Acnologia

IRENE'S P.O.V:

It's been a week since Achologia left. He never came back. No letters, nothing. My heart is aching and starting to irritate me. That I have these feelings for a man I don't even know. Maybe I should just take a walk in the garden for a while. It has been a long time since I've done that. And it's not too far away from the castle so my husband shouldn't have a problem with that.

As I was leaving my room, I was stopped by two guards, "Your Majesty, we're sorry for this but, the king assigned us to follow wherever you go. Inside the castle." "Inside the castle, huh? So is there a problem with me going to the castle garden?" I asked them, my voice stern and irritated. They both looked at each other and looked back at me, "No your grace, but we still need to keep an eye on you." Seems like I have no other choice, I knew he would assign guards around me. "Very well, then. Let us be off." When I see my so-called husband, he's going to have to deal with me.

The castle garden is my sanctuary. I love it here. It's filled with all kinds of different plants. Some beautiful ones that we use for decoration around the castle. Others, that can heal sick, or injuries. Even some of them can see someone who is close to death. It was peaceful in here until,  "Well, isn't my beautiful queen." Ugh, "What do you want?" I asked not even bothering to look at my husband. "Trying to figure out why are you outside the palace?" He said. "Why can't I be outside the palace? It's not like, I'm in our kingdom's village or anything." "Tch." "And besides, even if I wanted to go to the village outside our kingdom, I can," I said, looking at him with a stern look. "No, you can't." My eyes widen by his words. His face was blank but, the tone of his voice was serious. "At least not until we find that dragon slayer named Acnologia. Until then, you shall stay inside the palace. So take a good look at the palace garden, because this is the last time you're going to see it." I Gasped by his words. Was he that worried, that Acnologia would take me away from him? Well, I don't blame him. I would choose Acnologia over him any day. "But don't worry Irene, you will see your so-called sanctuary after we capture him. But until then, let's talk about making an heir for the kingdom." He smirked.

"An heir?" I asked. "Why do we need to talk about making an heir?" My eyes widen, my throat was dry. "Well, we're not getting any younger and we will need one in the future. So it only makes sense if we have an heir now. While we're still young of course." He liked his lips. I know what this is truly about. We've never had a honeymoon because we got married and we went straight to focusing on our kingdom. I went straight to focusing on our kingdom. He tried to convince me the evening of our wedding, but I told that we should focus on our people. But in truth, I didn't want to give myself to him. And now he's grown in patience, it has been two years since we were married. And I still haven't given myself to him. He walked closer to me. Once he was close to me, he grabbed my waist and pulled me into his chest. "Please Irene, make me a father." He kissed my cheek and walked away. "I'll see you later tonight my queen!" He waved. He left the garden grounds. Leaving me feeling disgusted with myself. His touch was nothing like Acnologia's. Oh, how I wish I was in his arms, just for a second. Or just to see him for a second. I felt tears going down my face. I tried to stop them, but they just keep coming. "Aw, why is my little mate crying?"  I gasped and turned around at the familiar voice. "Did you miss me, Irene?" "Acnologia?"

He was here, right in front of me. How is it, that this man made me feel the way I feel? By not being by my side for only a week? I only talked to him once and yet my heart flutters when I'm around him. I don't care anymore. All I want is him. I ran toward him, still have tears in my eyes, but I didn't care. All I care now is, being with him. He smirked at my actions and opened his arms wide. Once I was finally in the warmth of his arms, I let it out. I cried on his cloak. While his hand went through my hair, "It's okay now. I'm here and I promise. I won't ever leave you again, my beautiful mate."

I don't know how long we've been standing there. An hour? Two? Three? I lost all conception with time. But then, it hit me. "Wait, you can't be here. My husband, he's hunting you down and we're in the wide open." Acnologia grabbed my shoulders, gaining all of my attention. "Don't worry, my little mate. I put everyone in the castle and in the village in a sleep spell. It last until tomorrow." I sighed in relief after he explained. "Come with me." I looked at Acnologia with wide eyes. His face was serious. "Where?" I asked him. "To my home, so we can be together." "I don't know what about--" He cut me off by kissing me. I kissed him back the same passion he was giving me. Oh, how I miss his lips. One hand were on my waist, pulling me closer to him. The other hand was on the back my head, also pulling me closer. While had hands in his hair, gripping it. He groaned with pleasure. Before I could truly enjoy it, he pulled away. "Come with me." "Okay."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Hey everyone, I hoped you liked this chapter. Will Irene go with Acnologia? What will happen between them if they do leave? Only time will tell. And please leave a comment and follow me. Until next time my fellow Fairy Tail Fans! Later!