Chapter Ten: Brothers?!

LUCY'S P.O.V:

"Why did you summoned me here Zeref?" I was watching Natsu talk to Zeref. But why? And does he mean by summoned? "I can't see my little brother?" WHAT! Natsu's brother is Zeref, but how? Zeref is about over a hundred years old. How could Natsu be his little brother? I need to get out of here.

I ran. I ran before even hearing the rest of their conversation. I can't believe it. Zeref, Zeref the dark wizard is Natsu's brother? What should I do? 

NATSU'S P.O.V:

After hearing him say, little brother, I lost it. Suddenly I was squeezing his neck. Looking him dead in the eyes, "Never call me that again. You lost the right to call me that, after what you did to me." He just looked down at me and smirked. We both know, that I'm not really really choking him. He can't die nor feel pain. Which why he made all of those demons, so they could kill him. But all of them failed. He smacked my hand away like it was nothing. "Please brother. Let's not be hasty. This is the first time we actually had a proper conversation in decays." He was acting cocky, that's new. "Anyway, the real reason why I summoned you here is that the war is happening real soon. I can't say when, but I feel his presence getting closer. So don't be surprised if you transform in front of your friends." I nodded my head, understanding the situation. "Thank you brother, for giving me more time." He looked shocked at my words. He gave me a sad smile and hugged me close. "I hope you know, I never wished this for you. But if I were to die, I want it to be in your hands." I hugged him back, but I didn't say anything. There wasn't anything I could say to comfort him. Even if there were was he would still blame himself.

LUCY'S P.O.V:

After I ran back to the hotel. I went straight to my room. Surprised to see the first master already in my room. "Oh, uh Mavis. Not to sound rude but why are you in my room this late?" I asked her. "I felt a dark presence early today, and yesterday. I didn't mention before because I thought I imagined it. But, twice in a week that same dark aura. No, it has to be him, it has to be Zeref. He's here and I need to figure out why." "I already know why he's here." Mavis looked at in confusion. "I followed Natsu and he was meeting with Zeref." "What?" Mavis said in a whisper. "Yeah, Natsu asked Zeref why did he summon him and Zeref said why can't he see his little brother. Or something like that." Mavis was looking at me like I had two heads. Her eyes looked like they were about to pop out of their sockets while her mouth was wide open. "So my hunch was right." Her face looks totally defeated, "Wait what do you mean you had a hunch?" I asked her. She took a deep breath and sighed, "I had a sneaky suspicion that Natsu could be the brother Zeref talked about many years ago. But, I had no proof, no evidence that he could be. Besides, it was just a thought. Lucy, you can't tell anyone this." "But, why first master? Shouldn't we tell the others, don't they have the right to know the truth?" I asked. Mavis narrowed her eyes at me, "That doesn't mean we have to tell someone else's secret Lucy!" She snapped at me. She took a deep breath to calm herself down, "Look, Lucy, even though we know the truth doesn't mean we have the right to tell the others. We just need to keep this to ourselves. Okay, Lucy?" She looked at me with pleading eyes, I couldn't say no. "Fine. I won't tell anyone." 

 After we finished talking, Mavis left my room. Leaving me with my thoughts. I was still processing everything. How could Natsu be Zeref's brother? I know Zeref is immortal but, Natsu was once a child. I saw pictures of him as a child with the others in the guild. Could he be adopted? But, he said he was raised by Igneel until he disappeared. And after that, he joined Fairy Tail. None of this makes sense. I'll figure it out tomorrow. I could hardly fall asleep, after last night. Natsu's brother is Zeref. I still don't understand what all of this means. Natsu is nothing like Zeref. And I still don't know what to do. I wish I stayed and listened to their conversation. That might've helped. "Lucy? Are you okay?" I looked to see Levy was sitting on my bed. How did I not notice her sitting down? "Hey Levy, I'm alright," I told her. Even though that was far from the truth. "I don't know. It just seems like you've been through a lot." You have no idea, Levy. I wish I could tell her but, I don't really have any proof nor is it my story to tell. So I think I should just keep the fact that Natsu and Zeref are brothers to myself. Levy glared at me, not believing a word I was saying. I gave her a small smile, "I'm okay Levy. I promise." I told her. She sighed, "Fine." She finally gave in. I sighed in relief. "Well, you still have to get ready. We have to head to games after breakfast." Levy said then left. I flopped back on my bed and looked up at the ceiling. "What am I going to do?"

After changing into some clothes, I headed to the cafe. I saw Natsu, August, and Mavis sitting together. August and Mavis seemed like they were enjoying each other but, Natsu looked scared. Like he doesn't know what to do. I sighed and walked up to him. He saw me coming his way and gave me a smile. Fake. "Heya Luce. What took you so long to get down here." He asked. "I just had a tough night. Had a hard time going to sleep." I shrugged. "Maybe you had a hard time sleeping because Natsu wasn't in your bed." Happy popped out of nowhere. "Shut it Cat!" I yelled. And in the corner of my eye, I saw Natsu blushing? Well, it wasn't the first time I saw Natsu blush, but this one seems, "Oi! Natsu!" " What do you want Gray?!" "I want you to stop acting like a freaking idiot!" They started to fight. Ah, another day in Fairy Tail.

"WELCOME LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! TODAY WILL BE ANOTHER FIGHTING COMPETITION! FIRST ROUND WILL BE FAIRY TAIL VS SABERTOOTH!" Everyone cheered for the pumpkin king. "Alright, I'm all fired up now!" Natsu was getting pumped. He and Gray were going to fight Sting and Rogue. It has been a while since they fought together. "PLEASE WELCOME STING AND ROGUE FROM SABERTOOTH!" Sting and Rogue walked out to the battlefield with smirks on their faces. "AND NOW PLEASE WELCOME NATSU AND GRAY FROM FAIRY TAIL!" The audience cheered for them. And like Natsu, he didn't take the stairs like a sane person. He...... jumped off the balcony. He did land on his feet but, he's a lunatic. While Gray took the stairs. Natsu smirked and ran to the field. "LET'S GO!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Hey, everyone, I hoped you liked this chapter and sorry for taking do long to publish. Anyway, what's going to happen to Lucy? Will she keep Natsu's secret of being Zeref's brother or will she tell someone? And how much time does Natsu have before the end is coming? Only time will tell what will happen to the Fairy Tail guild. But I can say this they won't be the same after this. Well until next time my fellow Fairy Tail fans!