Chapter Sixteen: The Escape

LUCY'S P.O.V:

I felt a strong muscular arm wrapped around my waist. And warmth on back. Natsu. NATSU! I slowly turned around to see a sleeping Natsu. He looked so peaceful even in his demon form. Maybe I can escape. I slowly unwrapped Natsu's arm from my waist and headed to the door. Before I could even touch the doorknob, I felt a hot breath on the back of my neck. I froze. "Where are you going, Lucy?" He gripped on my shoulders and turned me around. I was looking down at the ground too afraid to even look at him. He carefully lifted my chin to look at him anyway. His eyes were soft and gentle. Filled with regret and sadness. He put his head on mine with his eyes closed. But I kept looking at him. This, this is the Natsu I know. He was in there fighting. And I will do the same for him. We stood there for a good five minutes. Without saying a word to one another. *The alarm*

Our sweet peace came to an end when a loud alarm went off. I was about to ask Natsu what was going on until I felt a little pinch on my arm. When I looked down, I saw a syringe. I looked back at Natsu and he had an expressionless face. Soon my eyelids start getting heavy. Then tiredness consumed me and the last thing I heard was Natsu's roar.

NATSU'S P.O.V:

I raced down to the dungeons. After leaving Lucy, sleep on my bed. Why can't they just behave for one night? By the time I got down there, everyone was gone. All the cells were emptied and the guards were out cold. I grabbed both guards and headed to the main hall.

Zeref was waiting in the main hall, sitting on his thrown. I dropped the guards in front of him. "Poor water on them." He commanded. One of the other guards in the room did as he was told and dumped a bucket of water on top of them. They woke up immediately. Gasping for air. "You let them getaway." Zeref said. He had no emotion is his voice but I could tell he was angry. "I'm sorry my lord. We fell asleep and before we knew it. All the prisoners escaped and we were only able to pull the alarm." One of the guards explained. "How did they even get the keys to unlock the cell door anyway?" Zeref asked. "They must've had a friend from the outside who sneaked in and helped the escape." The other guard said in a panic for his life. Which he should be, who knows what Zeref will do to them. "A friend? We captured all of the guild wizards and put them in the-" Zeref paused and looked at me. "Brother, that Lucy girl, you took her into your bedroom chambers right?" "Yes, brother. But I left her sleeping on my bed just before the alarm went off." I explained to him. "So, it wasn't her. How about that blue exceed?" I gulped. I never did tell that Happy got away. "So that's how they escaped. That blue cat helped them." Crap, now I might get punished. Oh, who am I kidding? It's defiant on me getting punished. "Take these two the torture chambers." Zeref order the guards. After the guards took them away, it was only my brother and me now. "Natsu, you do know what this means right?" Zeref asked me, knowing good and well I already knew the answer. "Yes, brother." "Go to the special torture chambers. The ones that are made for demons." "Yes, brother."

I walked down a dark hall, I heard screaming from the two guards that let the wizards escape. They'll be killed after that or in my brother's sick, twisted mind, he will keep them alive. And just keep torturing them until they die. I walked into the special torture room only to find one of Zeref's demons. She was holding a whip in her hand that had a spike tied to the end of it. She had a menacing smirk on her face, "Ready to get started?" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Hey everyone. I hoped you liked this chapter. What do you think Zeref will do to Natsu? How will the guild wizards rescue Natsu? Will they be able to rescue him? Or will he in his demon's form forever? Only time will tell for the Fairy tail gang. Please follow me and comment on my story.