Chapter 38: Happily Never After

ZEREF'S P.O.V: 

I should have known better than letting Irene and Erza go with Acnologia. Irene is Acnologia's mate but since he almost killed her and her unborn child, I thought she could resist the mate bond. And feeling like a failure as a mother, I didn't think there would have been a chance she would forgive him and go back to him. That was a mistake on my part. 

"Natsu," I called for him. 

"Yes?" 

"Go find Irene and kill her," I ordered. 

"You want me to kill her?" He asked a bit stunned. 

I turned to look at him with narrowed eyes, "Did I stutter? Go find her and kill her!" I snapped, getting everyone's attention. 

He nodded his head solemnly. He lifted his wings and took off.

"Who is Natsu going to kill?" Gray asked. 

"That is none of your concern," I answered. 

"I'll ask again," He was in his fighting stance, "Who is Natsu going to kill?" 

I looked at him with a smirk on my face. I saw his body and everyone else's shiver. 

"He's going to kill Irene." 

That seems to stun everyone. Maybe now they can shut up and I can get some peace. 

"WHAT?!" Laxus yelled. Sadly I won't get any peace, not with these people at least. I sighed in disappointment and irritation. 

"Why would you do that?" little Wendy asks. 

"Because she forgave Acnologia and she went back to him. And no one betrays me." 

I saw Gajeel grit his teeth, "Panther Lily, you and I are going after Natsu." Panther Lily nodded his head and grew his wings. 

"Carla and I are coming with you. We can't let Natsu do this." Carla grew her wings as well and all of them took off after Natsu. 

They took off and in seconds they were gone. 

"I surprised you didn't try to stop them or go after them," Gray commented. 

"What's the point? They'll be too late. They'll probably just be in time to save Erza from the battle but, Irene is going to die. This will be her punishment for betraying me, then the real fun will begin."

Everyone was staring daggers at me, I only shrugged at their expression. I really couldn't care less of what they thought about me. I looked ahead of me, my arms behind my back. I took in a deep breath, I just need to be more patient, then all of this will end. I'll die soon. 

ERZA'S P.O.V: 

My parents and I were talking. They kept asking me questions about my life. I told them everything. From my time in the orphanage, my kidnapping into Zeref's cult, my escape, and all of my adventures in Fairy tail. Irene, my mother cried in her hands. 

"I should have been there. I was a fool to leave you there. You wouldn't have gone through all that pain and suffering if I was just strong enough to keep you." 

Acnologia pulled her close to his chest, "We both should have been there. To raise her. It was all my fault from the very beginning." 

'It's no one's fault. Mother, if you haven't left me. I wouldn't be the woman I am today. All the trouble, the pain I went through made me who I am. And I couldn't be more grateful for the people I met in my life. And I am so happy that I got to meet you. Both of you." They pulled me into another hug. Crying once again. I chuckled and patted their backs in comfort.