Chapter Seven: August Dragneel

"Everyone exists for a reason. As small as it can be. I'm sure you have a meaning too." -Mirajane S.

LUCY'S P.O.V:

There was a bar in the hotel we were staying at and we partied there. A bunch of my guildmates wanted Natsu to sing again but, he told them it was just a one-time thing. I was kind of disappointed, he was amazing. I felt someone tap on my shoulder when I turned around, I saw a kid, maybe thirteen.

"Um, excuse me. Is Natsu Dragneel here?" That seemed to get everyone's attention. I saw Natsu walking up, he gasped when he saw the kid. The kid smiled and said, "Hey Uncle Natsu." "Hey, August."

"WHAAAAAAAT?!"

NATSU'S P.O.V:

Ugh, why did he send in August? Now I'm going to have made up some kind of an excuse.

"Hello there, my name is August Dragneel. Natsu's nephew." August bent down his head in respect and so did Gramps. "Natsu, you never told us you had a nephew or any siblings," Gramps said with suspicions. "Well, when your older brother abandons you in the middle of nowhere when your parents died. You don't really bring up certain things up about your past you want to forget. " I said with bitter in my voice. "I'm so sorry Natsu," Gramps said. "It's alright he never did visit me. And the only time he ever sent me a letter was about August." "This is the first time meeting each other," August said. "Wait this is your first time meeting each other. But why?" I looked at August, he looked at me and nodded his head. "Father is a very important person where we come from. He's very busy with work. So we don't really go out a lot." "Anyway, August when is my brother coming?"

 "He said he'll come to visit you tomorrow maybe but in private. He saw you sing today. He was really happy. He said he hadn't heard you sing since when you were five and you would sing with grandma." Yeah, with mom. I shook my head, too many memories. "So, what something to eat, drink?" I asked Larcade. "Hey Natsu, can I ask a question?" "Sure Luce." 

"Is it me or does August resembles someone we know? He kind of looks like the first master but that's impossible." Crap! Lucy is too smart for her own good.  " I never got the chance to meet my Mother. She died after giving birth to me, but my Father said, I look and sometimes act like my Mother so, I kind of feel somewhat a connection to her. Knowing apart of me is her, makes me really happy." I held August's hand in mine. I wish you could've met your mother August. Maybe, you can without anyone knowing it. "Hey, how about you join the guild?" August looked up at me in shock. "Really, I can join?" "Yeah! I don't see a problem." I told him. He looked down at the ground and started to rub his arm, "Would Father, be alright with it?" He asked me. Yeah, would he be alright with it? Well, you only live once. "Don't worry about it! I'll talk to him until then you should join the guild! Is that alright with you gramps?" "That's fine! Mira, will you do the honors?" "With pleasure, Master."

Mira walked up to August, "Where would want your guild mark and what color?" "Black please and on my left hand please!" August was so excited and I was too. I am so happy for him and now he will able to see the first master.

"I heard we have a new member!" Mavis came out of nowhere and startled August. "Well, hello little boy. What's your name?" "My name is August Dragneel, I'm Natsu's nephew." Mavis looked up at me. She looked back at August, she was trying to figure him out. 

AUGUST'S P.O.V:

Mother, this is my Mother. She really is short as Father said she was. She reached for my face, but her hand just passed through. She can't touch me and I can't touch her. But at least I can see and talk to her.

MAVIS'S P.O.V:

This boy, he can't be. But is he really? He looks just like him, but his last name is Dragneel and Natsu's nephew. So could this mean, that Natsu's his little brother he talked about? I tried to touch August, but of course, my hand only went through him. His face fell, but then he looked at me and gave a small smile. "Hey August, how about we head to my room. You can sleep with me." "Okay, goodbye everyone! Goodbye Master Mavis." He bowed his head to me. "You don't have to bow and goodnight August." 

NATSU'S P.O.V:

We walked into my room that I am sharing with Gray, Gajeel, and Laxus. "So not to sound rude August but, why did he send you here?" August looked at me and gave me a menacing smirk, "Do you really call your brother 'he'?" He asked me. I glared down at him, "Just answer the question." "Well, 'he' just wanted me to check on you. And to make sure you know what to do." So basically, he sent his son as a reminder. Jerk. "Well, let us rest. We do have a big day tomorrow." August started to walk by my bed. "Do you even care? That you are about to hurt your Mother? Huh?" I asked him. He just looked at me with a blank look on his face. He didn't say anything, he got into bed and went to sleep. "Guess that's my answer." I got into bed beside Larcade and closed my eyes and let the darkness take over. 

LUCY'S P.O.V: 

August, he looks just like Mavis. But Mavis is like a hundred years and August looks like he's thirteen. It couldn't be, but Mavis did stop aging when she was a teenager. Maybe that is her son. The way they looked at each other. The way, August looked at Mavis. In amazement and in awe, like how a child looks at their Mother. But, he's Natsu's nephew, well Natsu did just reveal to us he had an older brother. But once again Mavis is over a hundred years old. Maybe it's just a coincidence or maybe not. I looked over by the stairs to see Mavis going up there. I decided to follow her. She was walking to Natsu's room. She pressed her head into the door. I stepped closer and made the floor creak. She jumped back from the door and looked at me. "I'm sorry first master. It's just that. I saw you coming up here and-" She raised her hand cutting me off. 

"I know it might sound crazy but, I think August is my son," Mavis said with sadness in her voice. "How is that possible?" I asked her. " I don't know and I think Natsu know the truth the whole truth." "If he did, why didn't he tell us?" This is starting to get really confusing. "So not to sound rude August but, why did he send you here?" We heard Natsu's voice from the other side of the door. "Do you really call your brother 'he'?" August said. "Just answer the question," Natsu said in annoyance. "Well, 'he' wanted me to check on you. And to make sure you know what to do." The way August spoke to Natsu was so cold. We heard footsteps walking around. "Well, let us rest. We do have a big day tomorrow." August spoke. "Do you even care? That you are about to hurt your Mother? Huh?" Natsu asked. There was silence. Then we heard someone laying down in a bed, "Guess that's my answer." Natsu spoke. we moved away from the door and down the hall. "What do you think all of this means first master?" I asked her. she didn't respond, she just kept pacing back and forth. What's happening to Fairy Tail? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTES: So Natsu has a nephew and he's Mavis's son. But what does this all mean? How is Natsu's brother able to have a child with the first master of Fairy Tail? How come Mavis didn't even know she had a kid? It's usually the other way around. All these questions but not enough time for Fairy Tail. Well, that's it, for now, my fellow Fairy Tail fans. See ya later, oh and leave a comment and follow me.