Chapter 16

"Ok everyone, big day, today." Chief said as he clapped his hands.

Lux and Ravi couldn't remember that this was the room where the decision to do this was taken. It changed.

It was filled with tables and chairs and all sorts of technology were propped up on the tables. The stage was made into a huge screen and there were two chairs in the front. Must be Chief and Priya. That's the screen with which they will communication with them once they reach space.

"Ok I am creeped out" Ryan said as he was putting his space suit.

"Chill, how bad can it be?" I told him as I put my own suit.

"How long will you guys take? Come on." Jake was ready to go.

Once we were ready we went to the main room where we met Lux and Ravi, standing there with their space suits.

"Ready?" Lux asked as she shook my hand. I got a weird stare from Jake. I wonder why.

"Yes he's ready" Jake came towards us as he shook her hand. The hell's wrong with him?

"This way. Ship's waiting for us."

"Wait? Ship? We're going to space on a ship?" Ryan asked, with a confused look.

"Yes, why?" Ravi responded

"I thought ships were for water."

I snickered and so did Lux and Ravi.

"We are going on a space ship, dude" I patted him on the back

"Oh"

Just as we were going to the tunnel which led us to the entrance to the ship. We saw through the glass to see thousands of reporters gathered around, each doing their own version of the news.

"They know about this?" Jake asked what was on my mind.

"We have told the press that we are going to fix a satellite." Lux responded.

Once we got in the ship. Boy it looked amazing. We went to the control panel where each of us took a seat. And strapped our belts

"Helmets on" Ravi instructed

There was a sudden voice it was chief "All the best everyone."

"Thank you Chief" Lux said "Initiating take off "

"Hydrogen gas, check" Ravi said

"Oxygen content, check." Lux said

Suddenly another voice came.

"Hello George." I looked around to see that everyone else was calm as if they hadn't heard anything.

"this channel can be heard only by you and me. Don't listen to what I am saying, them your poor Tom will pay for it." He heard another voice "DADDY!!! help me!!!"

"Tom!!" I jerked from my seat and then became quiet

The voice continued "if you want to see Tom, you have to what I say."

"What do you want?" I asked with gritted teeth.

"Simple, I know the actual reason you're going to space. I want it"

I was confused "want what? A ticket to space?"

"Ha, no jokes, or your son will pay the price. I want that missile."

"Why do you.... " I thought better than to ask.

"Who do you care about? Hmm?  The 4 crore people who can be saved with the missile or your son?"

"Its obvious who I want to save.

My son"