Chapter 30

"Sir, missile received."

"Perfect" I removed the comm and dialed a number on my phone.

"Mission success, free the boy"

"Yes boss."
..............

Tom's POV

I heard men coming. I would love to say I see them coming, but with this blindfold, you know how it is.

So here I am, sitting in a chair, wrists tied to the back with zip ties and legs tied to the legs of the chair with rope. A piece of tape on my mouth.

Great.

The men come and carry my chair along with me. I was thrashing the entire time. Suddenly I felt a stinging pain on my face where the goon slapped me.

Idiot. You're so gonna pay once my dad's back.

They removed the tape and the blindfold. I spat.

"Couldn't get a better tasting tape?"

"Put that back on" said one

"I threw it"

"Great, now we get to listen to this chatter box."

"I ain't no chatter or a box."

I saw the one sitting next to me, he wore a clean white shirt and black pants. Salt and pepper hair and a beard. He looked more of an authoritative figure than an idiot who kidnaps kids and hits them. I looked at something shining in his arm. It was a chain with the Cross wrapped around his arm.

I just held his hand. He looked at me.

"I'm scared" I acted as awesome as I could "Can I hold your hand?"

"No"

I started to sob, he looked at me "Fine" he gave me his hand. I held it.

"Boss we're here"

Now's my chance.

With a quick movement and a tight squeeze around his arm. I got the chain off.

This is what happens when you mess with a magician's boy.

Just as the van door opened, a bulky man lifted me and threw me out the door. I went flying and landed on the grass.

Where am I?

I looked at the house in front of me. Its my grandparent's house. My grandad and grand mom came running out the door. They lifted me and took me in.
...........

"I got the missile." I said over the phone to Mason, the man who's buying the missile from me.

"If I sell that I am settled for life."

"I dont care what you're gonna do with it, as long as its according to my terms."

"Chief!!!" I heard Priya

"I gotta go." I hung up.

"They got the missile and are going to the meteor!!!" She said with delight but her face showed otherwise.

"What's wrong?"

"Just as I was coming I couldn't help bit overhear. You stole the missile... Chief?" Her eyes were brimming with tears.

I can't risk a person who knows about this. I immediately took my golf bat which I kept aside for..... such purposes. I immediately whacked her on the head. Her eyes were filled with shock and she collapsed. I kept whacking and when blood started oozing from her head, I confirmed she's dead.

I went to the sink to wash my hands. And just as I was about to take my cross out. I realized it was missing. Who cares, not like I care about religion anyway.

I went out of the office and headed to the communication room.

Let's see how pissed off they become the minute they realize the missile's missing.

Time for impact.

00 : 05 : 49

Tick : Tick : Tick