Chapter 28

Just as the ship took off, I tied a tether around me and went to the satellite..... And you know the rest, I guess. So just as they were pulling the tether back to the ship, some debris went floating around and one came right to me and....... Cut my oxygen back.

The oxygen level started decreasing rapidly.

Don't panic, or you'll become nauseous.

Course there's nothing to panic about, you're just floating around in space with a missile which can kill millions of people and your oxygen is decreasing rapidly and you could die. NOTHING TO PANIC ABOUT!!!

SHUT UP BRAIN!!!

I started spinning round and round and my eyes began to droop as I felt the missile slipping away from my grip and drifting away.

And then all I could see was black.

"You can't catch me!!!" Tom went running round and round a tree. I went the opposite direction and without his notice caught him. He squeaked at the sudden catch.

"Your turn" I told him. He closed his eyes and started to count. I went running away from him as far as I could.

"Ready or not, here I come!!!" He said as he charged towards me while I pretended to run so slow. He caught me.

"Haha, you're so slow dad" he laughed.

I carried him in my arms and put him on my shoulders.

My Tommy.

Suddenly my eyes jerked open. I need that missile or Tom will never come back.

I went towards the missile as fast as I could. Just as I reached it, my oxygen level was at 2%.

Time to act fast.

I removed the tether from my waist and locked it with the the missile.

"Pull it now" I said through the comm as I held on to the missile. I felt a sudden tug as the missile and I went moving towards the ship. I switched the channel of my comm.

"You there?"

"Yes"

"I got the missile, what do you want me to do now?"

"Perfect, I'll send another ship and you give them the missile. It'll meet you in 20 mins."

"Copy that." I said and switched the channel again.

And we entered the ship.