Chapter 7 - "Too close?"

Hello mery lovely readers. So, here is the next part. Hoping to get not a good but overwhelming response.

Happy Reading..!

***

She pushed open the door and they entered the flat. He could feel her shuddering with every step she was taking. With her hand in his, he asked her to check if he is in. That was when Shreedhan came out of the room and stopped in his tracks seeing both of them together.

Shreedhan smiled knowingly, "Oh you're here. Don't worry Adi, there isn..." He was stopped midway by her,"Don't you dare call me that!"

He laughed making Zain's blood boil. "Oh, I forgot! That's for him!" He spoke sparing an evil glance at Zain.

He eyed Zain, "Well, if you don't mind, may I talk to her? Personally?"

"Of course, but I will stay right here. You may take her to the room. Remember, I'm here only!" Zain replied, satisfied.

Aditi gave him an "I don't wanna talk" look and he squeezed his eyes, making her relaxed. Shreedhan took her hand in his and dragged her to the room, all the while she, looking at Zain.

(In the room)

"Tum kya chahty ho? I've already concluded I don't want you." Aditi's voice was stern.

"Exactly. You don't want me, but still, you need me." He replied, smiling.

"What?"

"Yes Adi. oops.. Aditi. I'm telling you." He began, but she interrupted.

"Stop this nonsense!" She shouted, jerking his hands away that were trying to hold hers.

"Okay, now on a serious note, tum maano ya na maano, I still accept you as my friend. And a friend in need is a friend indeed. So, a kind advice?"

He paused and looked at a teary Aditi.

"You don't deserve a person like Zain!"

Her eyes shot open. She kept on staring at him until he began.

"I mean Zain is much more. He is Zain Imam, the Great. You're just another ordinary woman or probably an actress. Your career isn't strong. You aren't as beautiful as those of his previous co actors. He may get any beautiful and unbroken girl. I agree I'm the reason why you're broken today, and I'm guilty for that. But do you think he deserves a broken girl? The girl who is too insecure to handle? He doesn't deserve this Aditi, I think. Rest is up to you!"

He smirked seeing a thoughtful Aditi. It wasn't that he did not want her to be happy, it was just that she shared his darkest sode with someone who she valued more than him and there came his ego!

She got deep into his words.

There, Zain was tired waiting for her. The door clicked open and Shreedhan came out. Zain tried to peep in to check upon Aditi.

"We broke up bro. She's happy and me too." He patted Zain's shoulder, shooting a painful smile.

Zain was already prepared for this. Shreedhan packed his stuff and left the house. Zain went to the room only to find Aditi sitting there, emptily staring the floor. He clicked his fingers in front of her and she got startled.

"Are you okay? I know it is tough for you but see, he was happ.." She interrupted, "What did he say?"

"He told me that you both broke up and he left taking all his stuff and belongings with him." He replied.

Aditi hummed in response as she turned around only to rub a lone tear that escaped her eye.

"It's okay Adi. Don't hide your tears. Let them flow. I'm here na." He tried to comfort her, rubbing her hands.

That was it, she broke down. He squeezed her hand, it pained to see her like this. She pulled him to herself, tucking her chin at his shoulder, crying her heart out. He caressed her long, silky hair while she kept on squeezing his shoulders. She pulled back and he planted a soft kiss on her forehead, making her forget every other thing.

She finally managed to speak,"Tum itne ache kyun ho Zain? Itne ache k mein tumhe hi deserve nahi karti?" His eyes widened before he replied,"Tum se zyada acha nahi hun mein. And don't you dare even think that you don't deserve me or my friendship." She plastered a fake smile before hugging him back.

"Ab tum so jao Adi. You must be tired."

Aditi pulled out of the hug, "Hmm."

Zain stood up and began to walk out when he heard,"Don't go please." He turned around and saw her vulnerable state. He was forced to stay. He sat near her caressing her hair when she put her head on his lap. He kept on stroking her hair until she dozed off. He kissed her hair and whispered,"I love you Aditi."

***

So, how was it? Not up to the mark? I know, but keep reading, there's much more to it. The upcoming twist may be a shocker? Any guesses? 

I promise you are gonna enjoy it.

P.S: This story has reached around 4K readers but the votes are just around 600 something. Do u think this is fair? I request all the silent readers to vote at least, let alone the comments.

Next chapter will be updated only when I'll receive at least 30 comments and 100 votes.

Till then, Bye Bye

Priya