Chapter 17 - "Scarred"

Hey guys. Here is the  next part. Thanks for all the love ypu've been showering. Means a lot to me!

Hoping to get a good response again.!

***

The sun rays fell on his sleeping face and he squeezed his red, puffy eyes. He lifted her photo frame from his chest and a tear escaped his eye.

When she was there with him, his days used to be so cheerful and happy. Alas! Since she had left, his time was a burden on him. Be it the days or the nights. To say he was sleeping and dreaming all these nights would be huge lie. Because neither he was sleeping properly, nor was he dreaming. Even if he ever dreamt in these around 15 days, it was about her only.

She, the broken girl was deepening her insecurities herself. She never tried to talk to him, that was the biggest mistake of her she is going to regret the most.

These 15 days were probably the worst days of her life. Without him, Without Love, Without Life.

It seemed like she was walking on the burning coals. Every step she took pained. It wasn't like she had thought it would be. Completely different, it was. They were connected by their hearts and she knew that.

If anyone would have asked him, "What is hell?" He would have simply answered,"The distance between them.!" He was going mad.

Her absence did many crazy things to him. He sat in the balcony, looking up at the blue sky. Her picture still held close to his chest. It was as if that picture was a broken piece of him and he was continously trying to fix himself. But everytime he sticked that to him, it pained him. Both physically and mentally.

She sat at the back of the couch. Hugging her knees, she cried her heart out. She hadn't cried in these 15 days at all. Having it all bottled up inside of her, she was tired of her own self. And she thought it was the best time to pour it out, when no one was home except Aprajita.

He took out the chocolate from the fridge, the last one left. It reminded him of her suddenly and he felt the whole sky falling on his shoulders. The strange kind of hurt it was. A strange suffering that hurted him even physically.

A tear escaped his eye and he quickly rubbed it off. Grabbing the chocolate, he ripped the wrapper apart. Pushing it into his mouth, he began tasting every bit of it, as if it was her.

She heard a faint knock on the door. Mouthing a small come in, she rubbed off her tears while trying hard to smile.

"Di.." Appu's voice cracked.

"Haan Appu? Come in. Come sit." Aditi tried her best to act normal but she failed miserably.

Aprajita sat beside her on the floor. She squeezed her hand and Aditi shot a fake smile.

"See there. The aeroplane! It is so wonderful." Aditi exclaimed to handle the situation.

"Oh! Look at that tree. It is so beautiful." Aprajita almost screamed.

"Appu! That's wilted. Almost broken. How can you say it is beautiful?" Aditi was shocked. Another surprise awaited when she saw Aprajita laughing. She stared at her, clueless.

Moments later, Appu sobered completely. Looking straight into her eye, she tried to read many answers.

"Broken things are the most beautiful." Appu spoke, a tear rolling down her cheek.

"There was no aeroplane even. Why are you trying to run away from me di?" Appu held the sincerity in her eyes.

"That wilted tree! It doesn't look beautiful at all. But it is pretty deep inside. If you just cut those trunks and branches, you'll find too many scratches. But there are many flowers that still spread their scent. The leaves still seem beautiful. Those woods, they're still useful. Because you cannot judge anything from how it looks." Appu paused. Looking into her eyes, she sighed and continued,"And when the thing itself looks so beautiful, how can it be worse deep inside?"