Chapter 16 - "Living In The Dark"

Hello my beautiful people! How are you all?

 I am here to present the next update. Another painful one!😯😯😯

Video Song: Teriyaan by Asim Azhar & Aima Baig.

This suits AdiZa the best right now!

***

The fresh air greeted her as she walked across the street. Her hair flew back in the wind. That would be the best mesmerizing view for him, if only he could see. As she breathed in the scent of her homeland, she felt contented and distressed at the same time. Contented because she was back to her family after ages, and distressed because she had left her heart and her soul in Mumbai, right where both the things belonged to. Even her body wasn't with her completely. His sweet touches and kisses still made her miss him badly.

She had got the whole dark forest living inside of her. She was living in a small efficiency, unaware of her surroundings. She wasn't dead, but not alive either. She was just struggling with a broken heart. Not to mention that she broke it herself. She wasn't living, she was just surviving. 

Upon reaching her home, she gave a knock at the door, wiping away her tears. "Who's there?" A voice came from inside. She instantly recognized it to be her mother's. The door clicked open and her mother gasped in shock. Her mouth was wide open,"Adu..!" A silent tear rolled down her cheek as she hugged her mom. "Maaaaaa.! I've missed you so much.!" She tried to control her tears.

"I missed you too bachaaa.!"Mom replied, unable to contain her happiness. 

"Tu yahaan aa kese agayi? I mean..." She interrupted,"Bas agayi Maa, ap chhoro. Tell me where is Aprajita?" She asked, quickly diverting the topic.

"Haan.. Tum andar aao.."

"Aprajitaaa..!"her mom called out.

"Haan Maa? Why are you shou..."Aprajita's sentence was left in the middle as the surprise awaited her. Aditi spread her arms until Aprajita finally realized what had happened and came running to her.

She had a peaceful dinner, enjoying her family time. For some time, she literally forgot what had happened to her and what was going on! Aaaah! How she wished this would happen quite sooner.

***

He wandered around in the room. Abhi was out for his photo shoot and so he was left alone. His heart wasn't at peace. He wanted to just confront her and even before that, just run and hug her. But he wanted to make her realize that she was worth it. He was more than scared. What if she does something reckless? His mind wasn't allowing him to think further. He glanced at his phone, which displayed her picture.

 He glanced at his phone, which displayed her picture

He reminisced shooting this scene with her. Some awkward yet beautiful memories brought a smile on his face but then again, a tear made its way down his cheek.