19

Danielle's p.o.v

4 weeks later

Los Angeles, California

I managed to get myself on a plane to Los Angeles. Sarah came with me. We were going to meet up with Finn and Colby. I was given the 'OK' mark by the doctors to do little workouts now. Finn was going to be helping me and to also make sure that I don't overdo it. 

"You alright with being away from Iowa?"

"Yeah. I felt like I needed to get out of Iowa. I need some rest and relaxation. Working out helps me get things off my chest and releases some of the stress for me"

"That's good. Usually, people don't want to leave the house. I'm proud of you"

"Thank you, Sarah. Just make sure I don't take my top off, I'm not confident with my back yet"

"Sure"

As we pulled up to the gym Colby was already outside. He hugged Sarah first and shared a kiss before coming over to me.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine. I am just glad to be back on my feet"

"That's good to hear. How's your back?"

"Still a bit bruised. Slowly healing"

"Good to hear. Finn's inside waiting for you"

"Thanks"

I walked inside and noticed Finn standing with his back to me. I walked up and hugged him.

"There's my baby"

"Hi Fergie"

"How are you doing?"

"Better now that I'm with you"

"Glad to hear. I've finished my workout and I'm ready to help you"

"Damn, I missed you working out. That's the best part"

"There's always tomorrow"

"True. Stretches first?"

"You know it"

I put my bag on the floor next to Finn's and started stretching. I laid on the floor whilst Finn stretched my legs out. Once that was done I had to start on the cardio exercises.

"Treadmill first babe"

I stepped on the treadmill and ran for 5 minutes, with no stopping.  When I got off Finn caught me because my legs were jelly.   

~2 hours later~

"And one. You've improved on those push-ups"

"Thanks. Can we go eat now?"

"Yeah, where to?"

"McDonalds"

"As you wish. You got your bag?"

We walked out and said bye yo Sarah, Josh and Colby.

"Yeah. See ya later guys"

"Bye!"

We reached Finn's car and got in. 

"I'm proud of you Danielle"

"I'm proud of me too, I felt so low a month ago. I'm just glad to be back on my feet"

"Have you thought about when you're going back to wrestling?"

"Until my bruises are fully gone and I'm medically cleared, not for a while. Hoping to be back before the year ends"

"Yeah. I've missed you this past couple of weeks"

"I've missed you too. I was thinking we could go out for dinner tonight"

"You sure?"

"Yeah. I can't hide forever. I wanna show people that you can be strong and powerful after a traumatic event in their life"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

~back at their hotel~

"Stop it, Finn"

He was currently tickling me and I was about to pee myself.

"Finn, seriously I'm gonna pee myself if you don't stop"

"OK. I'll stop. What do you want to do tonight?"

"I just wanna lay with you and enjoy your company"

And that's exactly what we did the whole afternoon/evening. We ate and watched a whole 3 seasons of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. 

p.s I'm really sorry this is a very short chapter. I couldn't think of anything to write for this chapter. You'll have to excuse me, I've been feeling a little low.