1. Jihyo's Heaven

Jihyo's Heaven. God Jihyo owns and manages this place.  This is where I live and work. No, it's not what you're thinking. I'm not dead. I'm perfectly alive. I'm not talking about the real heaven. I'm not sure if I'll end up in heaven anyways.

Some of you must have heard of this place. Jihyo's Heaven is Jihyo's restaurant. Jihyo is my best friend. Apart from serving meals, we have the coffee's corner and the sweet's section. I work in the sweet's section. I'm a pastry chef. I'm responsible for the bakings. But my limitations aren't in baking alone. I help out in the main kitchen in cooking as well. In fact, here, we all help each other. I even help wait the customer sometimes.

All the main employees of Jihyo's Heaven live together, except part timers. Jihyo also owns a building five minutes walk from the restaurant. Her father used to rent them but now the employees live there. Perks of our work. Two people share each apartment. We don't have to waste time driving back and forth to home and work so we can work longer hours and more efficiently.

"She gave me this to give it to you," Adele hands me a can of soda.

"Why can't she give it to me personally? I asked her to bring it," I say.

"Apparently she is still pissed at you. How sweet of her, though. She still got you the soda even though she asked me to bring it to you."

Adele is my assistant. She is from France. We had a cultural shock when she first joined us. She showed us a piercing on her left nipple. There were two boys with us and it was totally inappropriate but she didn't care. She is so lewd. She can be flirtatious and clingy, especially to me and Somi, our waitress, because we are the persons closest to her. Somi and Adele lives in the second floor of our building.

Then we have our executive chef, Park Jin Young. He prefers his surname put at the last like they do in western countries. So we shorten his name Jin Young Park to JYP. He is Jihyo's father's cousin. He lives in the third floor with his wife and two children aged 4 and 7. His wife doesn't work with us though, she's a hairstylist.

The fourth floor is occupied by Kim Junho and Siyoon. Junho washes the dishes and Siyoon waits the table with Somi. Junho is a dirty, sly dog. Siyoon is the unluckiest person on earth. That's why he shares an apartment with Junho.

Then we have Park Jimin and Jackson in fifth floor. Jimin is a cook. He is nicknamed Mr. Smiley because he smiles a lot, even if there is no reason to smile. Jackson is in charge of the beverages. Because of his good looks the coffee's corner attracts quite a lot of female customers.

We have another cook, Kim Dahyun. She is Jihyo's cousin and lives with her at the sixth floor. Jihyo's father, Jimin's father and Dahyun's mother are siblings. Suppose we introduce ourselves to someone and if both Kim Dahyun and Kim Junho are present, Dahyun would add, "We are not related," because of their same surname, and she says so because Kim Junho would always end up doing something gross.

There is another barista in our restaurant who attracts lots of customer. She's cuteness overload. And she lives with me in the ground floor. She's my cousin, Son Chaeyoung. Though she is cute and can really kill people with her aegyo when she wants to, she can be scary sometimes.

Chaeyoung's mother and my mother are sisters. When we were kids Chaeyoung and I used to spend vacations at our grandmother's along with other cousins. Our other cousins had siblings. Chaeyoung and I are single child of our parents so we usually ended up doing something together or sharing something while other cousins did those with their own siblings. That's why Chaeyoung is like my own sister. We weren't this close from the start. We were like Tom and Jerry, always fighting. An incident back in our grandmother's place changed our relationship.