17. Almost Got Caught

"The video of Jungkook that Jaebeom is hiding. That is your amulet. Let's steal it," Nayeon suggests.

As crazy as that idea sounds, we actually try to look for that video. We look out for chance to sneak in his room and grab his laptop. Meanwhile Jimin looks out for us. He doesn't leave my side now, and barely hangs out with Eden or Jennifer. He is always ready to beat Jungkook's ass if he try to harm me again.

"You don't need to stay with me every second."

"It's okay. I am not taking a chance." He smiles, his eyes forming a crescent moon shape. This the real Jimin I know, who always smiles adorably.

Once, Nayeon and I successfully sneak into Jaebeom's room. We can't find the laptop so we rummage the whole room. We come out without success.

"Youngjae, were you in my room?" Jaebeom's words in dinner almost choke me. I glance at Nayeon. She is sitting right next to him but she is eating as if she didn't hear him.

"No. Why?"

"Did anyone come in my room?" He looks around. Everyone replies negative.

"Why are you asking?" Youngjae asks.

"It could be just me. I felt like my things were touched. My things on the side table seem to be moved."

"The sweeper could have been dusting."

The discussion stops there but Jaebeom stares meaningfully at Jungkook who doesn't seem to notice it. I guess his guilty conscience suspects him.

* * *

Finally, we get another chance to sneak into Jaebeom's room when we have only two days left in Hawaii. We leave Jimin to keep an eye on Jaebeom while Nayeon and I go in to do the dirty work. We keep our phones in conference call and use headphones so that Jimin can update us about Jaebeom's whereabouts. We enter the room stealthily. I am behind Nayeon so I close the door. When I turn left, I jump to see someone in there. I place my hand on my heart, in relief to realise that Jaebeom has left his bathroom door open and it was just my reflection that I saw in the bathroom window.

"Jimin, we are in the room. Where is Jaebeom?" Nayeon whispers.

"The radish is near the pool talking to the tomato," Jimin answers.

"What!?"

"He is saying, Jaebeom is near the pool talking to Ian," I translate. "Ian has red cheeks so we named him tomato."

"Why is he talking in vegetables?"

"Someone might hear him taking names and we can get caught. So we came up with code names and learned them by heart for the last two nights."

"Someone who hear him will think he is crazy."

"Being thought of as crazy is better than getting caught," I reply.

We start looking for the laptop. We find it in the second drawer of his night stand.

"It probably has a password. What do we do about it?" I ask.

"That's why I am here. Otherwise I would have sent you here alone," says Nayeon.

What a comforting thing to hear! I'm already so scared doing this and to hear that she wanted to make me do this alone. Unbelievable!

Nevertheless, she enters the correct password and starts going through the videos, searching for the one we need.

"Jimin-ah, keep a close eye on the radish and update us. This might take a while," I speak to the headphone mic.