6. OK, she is cute

I slept like a log. Nayeon was already awake when I woke up. I finish my morning routine and come to the kitchen. Nayeon is reading something on her phone; she hasn't even noticed me.

"Good morning," I say.

"Oh, hey," she glances at me for a nanosecond and goes back at staring at her phone.

"What's up?" I try to make conversation as I open the fridge.

"I'm looking up recipe for something easy to cook."

"Why do you need a recipe if it's something easy to cook?" I hope I didn't sound too sarcastic, the words just came out.

"I can't cook," she says. Problem of rich kids.

"You are in the house of a cook. Let me prepare the breakfast," I smile at her; I hope that makes up for my sarcastic remark earlier. "Do you want anything in particular?"

"Anything will do."

"Did you sleep well?" I ask as I break eggs into a bowl.

"Yeah, I did," she replies.

I see from the corner of my eyes that she is looking around my kitchen. Maybe she is studying this unfamiliar place.

"Who is Son Chaeyoung?" she suddenly asks.

"She's my cousin. How do you know her?" As far as I remember, I have never mentioned baby beast to her.

"I see two coffee mugs. One has your name on it and the other has Son Chaeyoung on it."

"Ah! I see. The other bedroom is hers. She's in Taiwan right now. She had those mugs made. It's kind of like our family emblem."

We eat our breakfast in silence. She compliments my cooking after we are done eating. She won't go to work today so she will accompany me to Heaven. We get ready and set out for our little journey to Heaven. I lock the door behind Nayeon, while doing so I hear Dahyun coming down. Her out of tune singing hits my ears first before she comes in sight. Nayeon looks shocked. I wait for Dahyun, to tease her.

"Oohh~~~" she comes down the stairs wailing the song off key. I can't even tell what song she is singing.

"Dahyun-a, it's okay," I hug her, "Stop crying. I'm here for you."

"Ugh, so annoying," she squirms out of my hold and glares at me with indignation.

Nayeon smiles. Knowing how bad her days have been, I'm glad to see that smile.

"Did you expect me to give you Grammy awards?"

"Eh, you kids are still here?" Junho comes down. "Oh! Nayeon? Hello, I'm Kim Junho," he says.

"Hi," Nayeon replies.

"I'm also Kim but he is not related to me, unnie," Dahyun clarifies.

"Let's go," I lead the way.

Nayeon quietly follows me while the two Kims bicker about whose sense of fashion is more tasteless. They dress equally horrible on an average day. Like right now, Dahyun is wearing a plaid yellow flannel pants and a sweater that looks like his dad's. It's a good thing she works in the kitchen. And Kim Junho is wearing a harem pants that looks like it was stolen from his aunt's wardrobe. He needs to act is age; he is wearing a shirt that says, "If being cute is a crime, arrest me!" Thank God Jihyo, he only washes dishes and not wait tables; he could have scared away some customers with that shirt.

The first thing I find on arriving at Heaven is Park Jimin smiling at something on the floor. I look at the floor and there is absolutely nothing.

"What's good, Jimin?" I pat his back as I pass by.