25. I got mad at Nayeon

Jaebeom is quite surprised that he gets a bobblehead toy of a surprised emoji as a gift. The expression on his face is priceless and I am so glad I decided to give it to him. Other than that, the rest of the dinner goes by with difficulty. We talk about each other. I feed him lies that Nayeon prepared. We find nothing common between us beside the fact that we are both left handed. Actually, I am ambidextrous but he doesn't have to know that. I saw him using his left hand and told him that I was left handed.

The meal isn't enjoyable because, firstly, I'm eating with Jaebeom and secondly, I have to bite only little tidbits of the food. While I was training to play Jeongyeon, Nayeon made me eat tteokbokki by biting into a piece and swallowing it in two different morsels. Who eats tteokbokki like that? She said it was to control how I ate. It was so frustrating because usually I stuff four pieces together in my mouth. The exact words with which Nayeon scolded me were, "Eat like a lady. Don't eat like you are possessed by a starved demon!"

I completely lose my appetite when Jaebeom's phone vibrates. It has been lying on the table and I happen to see the caller's name - Yang Minha. I figure that is Director Yang's full name.

"This is an important call. May I take it?" Jaebeom asks me.

"Sure," I say with a smile.

Even though I cannot hear his conversation, I am pretty sure I know what's going on. I suddenly feel sick realising the sticky situation I am in. This is some pretty serious business and I am stuck in the battle for power between the Im siblings. It doesn't take much to understand that Jaebeom is a dangerous man. And right now he is trying to throw off Nayeon from the pedestal and unfortunately I have become a tool in this. I am sure he can do worse things and I don't even want to imagine those.

I return home with my mind full of thoughts. What could Jaebeom do if our lies are caught? I know I said that I don't wanna imagine it, but my mind can't help wonder. Could he possibly get me killed? Or kidnap me and sell me off in some foreign land? Or may be he will build a torture chamber for me and torture me for deceiving him with so many lies. The fact that I have been in a meal without anything crazy happening, is great in itself and I am thankful that I have reached Heaven without dying. This means either Jaebeom has bought our lie about me being a twin or at least he is forced to believe so for time being. I remember my promise to tell Nayeon that she is a genius if we get away with all these lies and now I owe her a compliment.

I stop by the entrance of Heaven and lean beside the door contemplating on life. There are some customers eating inside. I bet they are the last ones we are serving. Siyoon and Adele come from homeward tittering.

"I'm never going drive fast again," Siyoon says, chuckling and shaking his head.

"It felt like I was in the principal's office," Adele says. Then she notices me. "Hey Yoo Kkung, how did it go?"

"Let's call it a success. What happened with the police?"

"They took us to the station and made us pay fine," Siyoon replies.

"They also made us wait in their office for hundred years and then lectured on the importance of following traffic rules for another hundred years. I have aged. Don't I look older?" Adele says. She grabs the wig off my head, pulls off the wig cap and runs her fingers through my hair. "I like you better with the short hair."

"Nayeon told me she will pay me back for the fine," Siyoon tells me.

"Is she back?"

"Not yet. They're on their way here. We talked on the phone. But what are you doing here? Let's go in."

"You go in first. I'll be there in a minute."

"Okay." They leave me alone.

A few minute passes and a new customer pulls up at the parking lot in front of our restaurant. Nevermind, it's my car. Chaeyoung and Nayeon are back.