20. My nonexistent honeymoon

I wake up panting, because I was dreaming that I was being chased by a killer duck. Thank God, it was just a dream.

I look at my side and see the empty spot on the other side of the bed where Nayeon had slept. She must be up already. A strange feeling suddenly creeps in me. I am married. I have a wife. Life is different from how it was yesterday. I know that we are supposed to only pretend but I can't get rid of this feeling that makes me want to dance. I wonder if all the newly weds feel as giddy as I do right now.

"Why are you smiling?" Nayeon's voice snap me out of my happy trance.

"Uhhhh~~~" I stretch, buying time to think what I should reply. "Happy dreams."

She is drying her hair with the towel. For some reason that looks very interesting and I can't get my eyes off her. She looks kind of sexy in her fresh out of bath look. I won't mind being in a committed marital life with her. Her eyes happen to look at mine while I am staring. So I pretend to rub my eyes and rub off the awkwardness that was about to set in.

"You are going to work, right?"

"Yeah," I say. "You?"

She shakes her head. "If I go to work, I will see Jaebeom. He must be allowed think I am staying with you for our honeymoon."

Honeymoon... "I'll make you breakfast before I leave." I jump out of the bed before I turn red with weird thoughts.

* * *

Chaeyoung has been already in the kitchen making breakfast. I offer to wash the dishes but Chaeyoung takes over that too and sends me off to work.

"I'm going. Come as soon as you are done, baby beast. Don't be late," I say and goes to the door.

"I told grandma that you will be home with me. So, just to be cautious, don't get out of the kitchen," Nayeon warns behind me.

I change into outdoor shoes by the shoe rack near the door. When I turn inside I find Nayeon watching me. She smiles at me and says, "Have a great day!"

I smile back at her and then turn my back at her. I walk happily to Heaven. I have never been this jolly before while going to work.

I meet Jimin first when I reach Heaven. He is rewriting the day's special menu on the board just by the entrance with a smile. We change this special menu everyday although we have another regular menu. He looks up at me and smiles even harder. And I smile back at him. We go together to Jihyo's office to get our aprons.

"Good morning," Jihyo greets us. "Why are you two smiling?"

"Because she is smiling," Jimin points at me.

"Because it's a good day," I say. Jihyo laughs at us, shaking her head.

* * *

Chaeyoung throws her head back and laughs at my narration of my dream of a killer duck chasing me. We are having our break and having coffee together.

"It wasn't funny. I woke up panting," I say. She tries to say something but she is laughing so hard, she can't. Then my phone rings. Nayeon has called me.

I accepted the call with fluttering heart, "Hey."

"Jeongyeon-aaaaaaaaaaahhhh~~~," Nayeon wails from the other end of the line. My heart sinks.

"What's wrong?"

She continues to cry without answering. Then I remember, it is impossible to understand what she says when she cries. So she has most certainly been telling me and the only thing I hear is nonsensical sobs. Still, I strain my brain hard to understand her. I grab some familiar words like 'bathroom', 'harm', 'spiderman', 'stare' or 'stair'? I don't know. Most of what she says sound like bleebugahh unng mwrdkgziisikxgk.... Whatever!