5. She calls me friend

I take Nayeon back to Heaven. Jihyo is surprised to see her again. We let Nayeon rest in Jihyo's office, and Jihyo and I have a discreet chat with uncle JYP. After hearing my experience in Nayeon's house, they agree to my feeling that something was not quite right at her home. We feel that it isn't right for her to be home now. Right then, I get a call from an unknown number. With some hesitation I pick it up.

"Is this Yoo speaking?" says a woman's voice.

I recognise the voice to be Nayeon's 'mom'.

"Yes," I answer.

"I overheard the second master tell his mother that Miss Nayeon left with you. I just called to confirm."

"Yes. She is with me. Why?"

"Are you her friend?"

I take a second to swallow and think about it then answer, "Yes."

"May I ask a favour then? Please give her a place to live for some days. You will be paid for your trouble."

It all seems so strange. I personally think that it is rather better for Nayeon to not return home.

"Okay."

"Oh, thank you, sir. Thank you so much." She cuts the line. Jihyo and uncle JYP, who had been hearing the conversation go into deep thought.

"Let's take care of her for some days," uncle JYP says.

"I'll have dad look into the matter," Jihyo proposes. "Let's get back to work for now."

We go back to work after dispersing. It isn't like any usual day. I have a lot of questions in mind and I keep thinking about Nayeon and her family.

I take at coffee break at 1:00 PM. I chat with baby beast then. After that I walk to Jihyo's office to have a chat with her. Jihyo isn't here but Nayeon is.

Should I talk to her? This feels so awkward. I'm about to open my mouth and initiate a conversation when Siyoon enters with a tray and two cups of coffee.

"Please have a drink. Would you like something to eat?" Siyoon offers a cup to Nayeon.

"No, thank you," Nayeon takes the cup with a faint smile.

Siyoon leaves the other cup and goes out. I figure the other cup of coffee is for Jihyo. Now, where the hell has she gone?

Without saying a word to Nayeon, I turn around on my feet and head towards the main kitchen to look for her.

Jihyo is not in the kitchen.

"Dahyun, have Jihyo been here? Do you know where is, by any chance?"

"No," she answers without looking up from the meat she is marinating.

I take a moment to look at her doings, and notice the spices beside her, including the salt. I tear a piece of tinfoil from Jimin's cooking counter. I scoop out two spoons of salt and wrap it in the tinfoil.

Smiling to myself, I go back to Jihyo's office. Great, she is still absent. I pour the salt I brought into her cup of coffee.

Feeling accomplished, I get back to my station and continue to work. But I can't work peacefully because I'm itching to know if Jihyo have drunk it or not.

About ten minutes later, I go back to her office. I couldn't just stay put. I have to know what has happened of the coffee. On my way, I see Jihyo in the coffee's corner, talking to Jackson. Stealthily, I advance towards them. They seem to be arguing.

"Siyoon took the coffee to your office. Ask him. It really isn't me," says Jackson.

"No. Nayeon said it was not the waiter. She said it was a handsome guy," says Jihyo.