12. Day 2 in Hawaii

The highlight of the second day in Hawaii is cruising around and shopping. And my God, they go in stores of only the most expensive brands. Jimin and I tag along with them because last night Francisco said, "Nayeon's friends must enjoy shopping with us tomorrow," in such a ridiculously heavy Spanish accent.

Today, I tried to imitate that accent while Jimin and I were having coffee in my room. He snorted coffee out of his nose and dirtied the table so I smacked his arm. That made him drop his macaroon on floor and I wanted to smack his head. But I didn't do it. Instead I made a mental note to feed him chilli paste filled macaroon when we go back home.

Anyways, right now, Jimin and I are window shopping because it is not in our capabilities to buy these branded goods.

"Jimin, come tell me what looks good on me," Jennifer lures him away. I wanna cheer out loud for him and tease him, but I have no intention to display myself as someone who has lost her mind. So I only pinch his elbow and give him a teasing look. He just smiles goofily and goes after Jennifer.

Because I have nothing good to do, I pick up a cap on display. I check the price tag and the digits there is no less than my monthly income. Oh damn! I immediately put it back.

"Do you want it?" Nayeon speaks from behind me. I turn around. "I will buy it for you."

"Oh, no no. I was only looking at it. I don't want it."

"You don't have to feel bad or hesitate about it. If you want it, I will buy it."

I grab both her wrists in my hands. "I don't need it, Nayeon. I know you are already an angel, but if you really wanna spend money, donate it to the orphans or something."

She laughs, "Okay, I will donate it in your name."

"Nooo~~~ why should you give credit to others for the good deeds you did?"

"Fine."

I let go of her wrists, "Now go shop. We will probably leave soon."

When I turn around after she leaves, I see Umji browsing clothes a little away from us. Our eyes meet by chance when she looks up and we exchange smiles. Then I go my way and she continues to do her own business. She is the quietest one in the group, and has a tender demeanor. She looks a kind but demure young lady. She's the only one among the group who hasn't talked to me yet. Others have at least said a word or two to me.

For the rest of the time in the store, I just stroll and look at stuff on displays. I don't touch them anymore for fear that I might see my salary written on the price tags.

All day, from time to time, I came across Jaebeom or Jungkook and I really like those moments. I mean, they will be so pissed to see me that I find it amusing. I didn't do anything wrong to them but they are so irrationally pissed at me. I would just smile at them and they would be annoyed. Jungkook at least tries to avoid me, he always looks away. Seems he has some dignity. But Jaebeom would stare straight at me with his eyebrows all furrowed. I just love to smile at him and annoy him. The wider my smile gets, the closer his eyebrows get.

Everyone finishes up their shopping by sunset. Then Youngjae treats us to a Hawaiian dinner in a lavish restaurant. What's a vacation without tasting the delicacies of the location? That's why I don't have to cook everyday here. What a great break Youngjae has given me!

As soon as we reach the villa, the first thing I wanna do is take a shower. So, there I go - to the shower. Showering is one of those times when I scheme to play a trick on someone. I could be doing so many things, like, I could steal and hide Nayeon's phone. I could make something nasty and make Jimin eat it. The persons I want to trick the most are Jaebeom and Jungkook. It will be so fun to kiss Nayeon in front of them. I imagine it and laugh at the thought.