14. Eavesdrop

It was just the two of us today. Nothing fancy like Youngjae's party, but we had fun spending time with each other, except Nayeon's fever, it wasn't fun. But she seemed to be able to forget her discomfort while chatting because although she was sick, she could still smile and laugh.

Chaeyoung called me in the afternoon. It was morning in South Korea; she had just woken up. We switched to video call due to Nayeon's insistence. Finally, her wish to be acquainted with Chaeyoung came true. They had a long chat and 50% of which was Chaeyoung complimenting how good Nayeon looks. I aspire to be half as good as Chaeyoung.

The vacationers has come back exhausted and everyone is freshening up in their own ways while waiting for the dinner. And Jimin is whining how it is our turn to cook tomorrow.

"Hey stop crying over it, okay? That's what we do. That's what we have come for. Thank your lucky star that you also get to enjoy the vacation like them. Lazy ass," I scold him.

"I admit, I'm lazier than you," he smiles with his eyes.

"Don't eat snacks on my bed while I'm gone. I am going to check on Nayeon."

I come to Nayeon's room and see Jungkook already in the room. He looks so irritated to see me.

"Hello," I smile at him. Nayeon suppresses a smile.

"Why are you here?" That's how he greets me.

"No reason."

"Then, can you leave us alone? I was talking about something important with Nayeon."

"Should I go?" I ask Nayeon.

"No. You don't need to go," she says. Then to Jungkook, she says, "You can talk about it in front of him."

Jungkook sighs deeply. He looks ready to explode. I almost count down like ten, night, eight...

"Let's talk later," he says in a forcefully composed tone. He shoots me some daggers out of his eyes before he leaves.

I sit down beside Nayeon on her bed as soon as he walks out of the door. I place my hand on her forehead.

"There's still a little temperature."

"Yeah, I still feel sick," she says.

"This won't do. I'll make you chicken soup." I stand up.

"It's not your duty day."

"A chef can cook any day," I wink at her and leave her room.

Delicious aroma comes out of the kitchen. As I get closer I hear the sizzling and shimmering of food being cooked.

"Excuse me?" I call the chef.

"Yes?"

"Do you mind if I join you guys and prepare soup for my sick friend?"

"Oh, not at all. Be my guest," he pleasantly smiles at me.

"Great. Thank you."

I check for the ingredients. Everything seems to be here, except for garlic and scallion. I need to get them from the pantry. I grab an apron and put it on while walking towards the pantry. It is in the room adjacent to the kitchen. I stop on my track as soon as put a step out of the kitchen, because I see Jungkook and Jaebeom hastily enter the room next to the other side of the pantry. I shrug and stride into the pantry.

I see the scallion lying next to the asparagus on the rack. I reach out to grab it but jump when someone whack the wall behind the rack from the other side. Surprisingly this wall behind this rack is made of wood. Unlikely in a luxurious villa, I know. But I guess this wall is a partition added to appropriate the size of the pantry.