32. Vacation

Nayeon cups my face and stares into my eyes. Tears in her eyes, and tears in my eyes. Her hands drop down to my waist and hug me. Her body suddenly become lethargic and heavy. I catch her before she falls down.

"Put her to bed. And let's talk," Chaeyoung says, standing by the door. I quickly look away, wiping my tears.

I lay down Nayeon on the bed and follow Chaeyoung to the kitchen. I sit across her on the dinning table.

"I had several missed calls from grandma, mom and aunt. Mom sent a text message saying grandma wants us there soon. There are some repairing work to do."

I pull out my phone and check. I also have several missed calls from grandma, my mother and aunt. My mother sent a text message which says, "Are you all dead? When is the funeral? Am I invited?"

We had been so busy all day and our phones were on silent mode that we missed all the calls. What a day they chose to call us!

"It's too late now. Let's call grandma tomorrow morning. I already mentioned about it to Jihyo before. I'll talk to her too and finalise our vacation," I say.

Every year, around October or November Chaeyoung and I get a vacation from work. It's not a typical vacation. We go to our hometown to help our grandparents. They are farmers. We help with the harvest and help them prepare for winter.

"Is she going with us?"

"Why would Jihyo go with us!?"

"No! Nayeon unnie."

"That'll be her choice. I'll tell her about it tomorrow."

"And when will you tell her about your feelings?"

"What feeling!? I don't have any!"

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes. "Honey drips out of eyes when you look at her. And sometimes, tears."

"Can we not talk about this!?" I say, feeling embarrassed that she saw it and annoyed that she's teasing me with it. I still feel my eyelashes wet.

"You had been too hung up with your past. Finally, you're over it. All because of Nayeon unnie."

"What are you even talking about?" I scoff half-heartedly.

"Do you realise you always look at Barbie dolls and cameras in any shop you see them?"

"I might have seen something interesting in them."

"Is that so, Yoo Jeongyeon?"

She renders me speechless. Chaeyoung never calls me by that name, let alone without 'unnie'.

"You don't move on easily," she says, as I don't utter a word. "You have habits which shows you clinging to the memories of the past. You know, that day shopping for the party supplies and looking for a gift for Nayeon unnie? I thought you might stay longer in the place they displayed Barbie dolls. Surprisingly, you didn't even turn your eyes towards them. And I realised that you're over your past. Nayeon unnie did it. She has you."

"Chaeyoung-ah, I really want to be left alone right now."

"Fine. I just hope you try and fight this time."

She leaves me alone, and I fall into a pit of worries. My past doesn't matter anymore. The only thing on my mind that pricks is Nayeon. What is her love interest?

They say people speak the truth when they're drunk. Nayeon had been very drunk before and mistaken me for her exes and called me oppa. And she kissed or tried to kiss me, manifesting her feelings she once had for them. I wonder if she still hasn't moved on.