26 - Best Man

Today was the day Zeldris was going to ask Meliodas to be his best man, which was very cute in all honesty.

I was dragging him by the ankle to the Boar Hat which was a hassle.

"Zeldris" I groaned.

Soon enough we made it and I had to dust him off.

I pushed him inside and Meliodas was sitting with Elizabeth, they were smiling about something and she was blushing.

"Zeldris has to ask you something" I said and Elizabeth walked over to me, we stood a little away from them.

We watched as Zeldris awkwardly scratched his neck and said something then Meliodas had pure joy and excitement in his eyes, he pull his brother into a hug.

Elizabeth and I began to talk about the necklace I had gotten her, it allowed her to stay alive and not die if she found out about the past.

She took it off and placed it on a table, suddenly a shadow was cast over it and Jassie appeared.

"This is mine now~" she said and ran out the door.

I immediately ran after her and heard people shout my name, "Y/n stop!"

Zeldris began to run after me.

"Get back here!" I yelled but she simply just turned them kept running.

Suddenly my goddess side came out.

"Enough of this! Purge!" I yelled and pointed it towards her, she turned swiftly and a light flew towards her.

Suddenly a red soul was coming out of her body, she was barely standing on her tip toes and her back was arched as her soul came out of her mouth.

I held the soul in my hand and I put it in my pocket.

"Now you won't bother anyone" I whispered as her body began to disintegrate.

I picked up the necklace and turned to see Zeldris looking at me with wide eyes.

Suddenly my goddess form went away and I fell onto my knees, a smile was on my face as tears fell down my eyes.

"I can barely protect anyone~ what if you die again?" I said as I gripped my hair.

Zeldris fell onto his knees and pulled my to his chest as I cried and gripped my hair, "I made you a promise and now I'm keeping it, for real this time" he whispered.