Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

Waking up from my sleep, I look over to Sam’s bed that is quietly still sleeping from the incident last night. That thought through my mind was running through all day and night about Lo and her health. Anything could possibly happen to her; and at this point I’m completely and utterly nervous for her. She’s practically my sister been best friends since middle school and been through everything. We may have our hardships and our fights but we were always best friends. Same with Sam, we were known as the ‘three clique’ in high school. Always together and never not.

I lifted myself from the bed and proceeded to the bathroom. I stripped completely nude and stepped into the shower, lathering myself in vanilla soap, shampoo and conditioner. Once I was out of the shower, I headed back to the guest room and got on some black panties and black underwear; then searching for clothes for the day. I found a pink zip up hoodie with some black baggy sweatpants. I really didn’t feel like getting all pampered up with jewelry and such, so I threw my hair up in a pony tail and put on some quick makeup. I went outside the apartment building quickly to grab some Starbuck’s for Sampson and I. I picked up a cappuccino and a hot cocoa for myself.

Once I got back to the apartment, I woke up a groggy Sam.

“Good morning hun,” I greeted her with a small smile on my face, and handed her cap.

“Morning,” she greeted me back and sat up to take a sip of her coffee.

“You feeling any better?” I asked her, sitting on the side of her bed looking at her sleepy self. She nodded a yes slowly and I smiled slightly. “Get some pants and a hoodie on, we’re going to visit her; okay?” I added, and she nodded again and started to get a pair of sweats and a sweatshirt on.

We headed to the hospital and saw Lo on the bed with medical tubes all on her, connected to her arms making me terrified. She could die today, and I wasn’t able to say a last word out of it. This is all my fault; leaving her alone in that club with that man. If I hadn’t gone to the bathroom stall with that stranger and have sex with him, we wouldn’t be in this situation.

I decided to call Harry to see how he and the boys were holding up in this. I pulled out my cell phone and dialed his number.

“Essie! How are you feeling, love?” he answered the phone, making me grin. He’s so caring and nice; I just can’t get over the feeling of him being so down to earth while being in an international boy band.

“Hey, I’m fine; same with Sam. But, how are you and the boys? Are you guys holding up well?” I asked him.

“Yea, they are; but Zayn is the worst. He’s not holding up too well; been a mess the past night.” He told me making a tear shed from my left eye.

“Are you guys going to stop down soon? Sam and I have been here for about five minutes now.”

“We’ll probably stop by after recording some songs,”

“Okay, sounds good,”

“Bye Essie,” Harry ended the call. I put my cell phone back in sweatshirt pocket and turned to Sam who is sitting on the chair next to the hospital bed. I walked over and sat on the arm of the chair, wrapping my arm around Sam’s neck and leaning her onto my leg for her to lean on.

“How ya’ feeling?” I asked her, running my hands through her brown locks.

“Just; nervous I guess. What if she never gets better?” She asked.

“She will; we only have to hope, okay?” I tell her making her rise from my leg and nod her head. I lifted myself from the chair arm and headed to Lo, and grabbed her hand.