Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15:

Riding an airplane is completely dreadful; the turbulence was terrifying and I couldn’t wait to get off of this twelve hour flight. I’m utterly exhausted but the turbulence is keeping me up and I’m getting crankier by the second. I could feel a headache coming on after the annoyance of the family behind me constantly yelling at each other, kicking my seat and annoying the hell out of me; I was coming to  a point to kick one of them.

I’ve been feeling a lot of pain, preferably in my heart but also my head questioning my actions whether they were the right ones or not; I didn’t know how to feel towards this. My eyes hurt from the tears, drying the normally crystal blue…to a gray. I felt as if my heart dropped, another part of me was gone, like half of me separated and was left behind in my town; it wasn’t normal.

I was hurting, painfully; I felt as if I was going to pass out from exhaustion, but I just couldn’t bear to go to sleep, my mind was running crazy and I wasn’t controlling it any longer; it was doing it all on itself. I didn’t know if this was the best decision in the world, but pursuing my drawing career was my ultimate dream and I wasn’t going to give this opportunity up, no matter how painful it was to stay away from my one true pairing.

This young girl, about my age was sitting next to me. She had gorgeous, long dark brown hair that was wavy with a pair of bright hazel eyes that complimented her tan complexion. She was petite, very small figured as well as short since her feet barely touched the floor from where she sat. I didn’t know whether to introduce myself or not since she had ear buds in her ears listening to some genre of music.

“Hello,” I said faintly as she looked over, and pulled her left bud out of her ear and smiled.

“Hi, I’m Regina,” she said with a smile.

“Essie,”

“What brings you here going to NYC?” she asked me.

“Art school up in Manhattan,”

“No way! Me too!” she giggles as I did the same. She’s a very subtle, quiet like girl; her voice is naturally small and not a beaming, large booming voice if that makes any type of sense. “Maybe we can hang together!” she says.

“That’d be great,” I had a wide smile on my face, I never really had any friends last year in college; I was more of an outsider since my accent was really heavy; and people normally don’t quite ‘welcome’ outsiders as what their called.

“What’s your number? I’ll write it down,” she asked as she pulls out a paper and pen; I told her my n umber as she began to write it next to my name.

****

A few hours later; Regina and I talked about our boyfriends and how she is going to miss him since he lives in the United Kingdom as well; she’s extremely down to earth but really knows how to crack a joke. Once the plane landed, we all hurdled out and went to the baggage claim with Regina following me towards it. Once we both claimed our bags, we headed in your normal taxi-cab in the big apple. While driving, I noticed all the business women and men walking down the sidewalks with their smart phones in hand bickering on the phone about whatever, all in their professional suits. I’m home.

“I have to call Harry, hold on,” I told Regina in mid-conversation as I dialed my beloved’s number. Once he answered, he sounded happy.

“Essie!“ he answered and I could feel his cheeky grin on the other end.

“Hey, I’m heading to campus now with Regina, what’s up?”

“Whose Regina? And the boys and I are just working in the studio,”

“Regina is a new friend I met,” I said as she was smiling towards me.

“Oh cool, I miss you already, Skype me later, okay?” he says.

“Okay, love you Harry,”

“Love you too Es,” and by that, we hung up the phone and I continued my conversation with Regina about the boys and how my boyfriend is and how her boyfriend is as well. We seemed to have a lot in common with taste in music, fashion sense and personality wise; our humor is the same. Regina is your average brunette Barbie doll. She has perfect skin as well as the perfect body. All fairly, I’m quite jealous of her.

Once we reached the large building, or so called campus; the taxi driver helped us with our luggage as we made our way into the campus center to sign for a double dorm room where we can room together. The campus had a bunch of art majors walking around, chatting with their friends about their summer and how it went; while Regina and I walked up by the stairs since the elevators were in use; we found our door room 3-74; meaning floor three room 74.

It was quite big; it had white walls, nothing nice with a carpet which I’m super happy we finally have a carpet in a dorm room since they get super cold in the winter time. There were two twin beds on each opposite side of the walls with already providing sheets even though I’m going to definitely change them.

“Which side do you want?” Regina asked me.

“I’ll take left,” I said as I placed my suitcases near the bed and started to unpack, putting my clothes in the dresser provided.

I started to drape the colorful curtains on the rod to make it feel more at home, setting my bed with my bright orange quilt with different colored pillows and different color blankets. Hanging up my posters, I realized the time is now six at night; we originally got at the dorm around noonish.

Once I was done with my room; it was time to nap or at least sleep for the night so I texted Harry quickly telling him if I don’t wake up from my nap and sleep through the night, I will call him as soon as I wake up.

This was an extremely difficult thing to do; a long distance relationship. Honestly, I didn’t know if I could do it long but I wanted to take a shot out of it and Harry wanted to do the same since we both had strong feelings for each other. Regina also started to nap once I turned to my side facing the wall with pictures of friends and I; most importantly, Harry and me kissing that Niall took out of curiosity of his new camera. He told me he ‘swore’ he deleted it but later blew up tons of them and plastered them all over the house making Harry and I completely embarrassed, but later appreciated it.

I took one of the photos for my room, and as I stared off at it I admired it.

Sorry guys, i thought it was really difficult to write this chapter i had really bad writers block plus busy with tests and exams for school. :( the picture in the sidebar is NOT actually Harry Styles; its just some guy with curly hair. i just used it for these purposes.