07

Next day, after class I got home early I saw my mom staring at our family photo.

When I changed my clothes I still saw her staring at it, and then when I'm cleaning the house, she also forgot to make dinner.

And when we're eating, I caught her spacing out. Her food always drops and she was chewing nothing. Is something wrong happened?

"What's wrong, mom?" I asked breaking the quiet noise.

It's like she suddenly woke up hearing my voice and sadly looked at me, "Huh?"

"Is there something bothering you?" I asked.

She sighed and eat her food properly at last.

"It's nothing, nevermind about it."

"But mom, you're staring at our family photos for many hours and you're recently spacing out. You don't usually do those things, and you also look devastated. I know there's something wrong, please tell me."

She sighed again and took a slip on her tea, "It's Sasuke-kun, your father."

"What about him?"

"He's been travelling for many years, he still hasn't come back," Mom said looking devastated.

"He's been travelling ever since before I was born," I correct her.

"But I had this nightmare earlier," she murmured but I still heard it.

"Nightmare?"

Mom don't usually had a bad dream even though Dad was not with us. I wonder why...

"I dreamed of him suffering and was kidnapped by someone wealthy," she said and was about to cry so I hugged her and rubs her back.

"Don't worry Mom, he's strong, he can handle himself. Maybe you just over-think too much and cause you had a bad dream."

"Maybe..." she murmured slouching her back, sitting sadly.

"Come on Mom, Dad wouldn't want to see you like that. Let's go somewhere to freshen up your head." I said and dragged her on a bay near our house.

We're both sitting on a bench facing the sea and smelling its fresh air. But my relaxing moment got ruined when I saw an idiot arrogantly walking on the right side, passing through us without him noticing.

I sighed in relief when he didn't saw me, and again, this must've been a good afternon for me, watching the sunset---

My mind just froze and it stop thinking as if it was blocked when a ball unexpectedly hit my head.

"Oh, I'm sorry Sarada-san, could you toss it here?" Denki, my classmate yelled from afar with hand gestures.

I was about to get ng ball but someone suddenly picked it, and he toss it harshly directly through Denki's face.

"Hey! What was that!?" I yelled but it seems like he doesn't hear any words I've said.

"I just did what he said," he answered on a straight face and went off somewhere without saying.

What the... erase, erase, erase. It'll just ruin my day if I thunk of him even more.

"Sarada, I bought food for us." Mom said while holding a plastic bag full of bread.

She started telling stories of her past life with Dad while eating and I can't really imagine how Mom really love Dad since they were kids. I mean, why do she really love him and always fought for him?

Mom said I'll still figure out what love is as I grow older, when I met someone who can make my world turn upside down.

I don't even know what she's saying, I don't understand.

"You'll know very soon, Sarada."

***

The next day, my seat suddenly felt peaceful when Boruto didn't attend the whole day class, it was fine for me, I don't care.

But I suddenly become curious when he didn't attend any single classes for a week. Even our homeroom teacher, Shino-sensei was also curious and asked me to go check on him.

And me, as the President of our class, need to visit Mrs. Hinata's house to ask what's going on.

I knocked on Uzumaki's house door already three times but no one came to open the door. Where is Mrs. Hinata? I knock again for three loud times and at last someone open it.

"Boruto..." I saw him hinding his half on the door like a child with his angry face. "Can I come in?" I asked.

"No," he was about to close the door but I immediately pushed it and made him move back.

I went inside and closed the door, "Thank you," I teased.

"What do you want?" He asked angrily and closely to my face.

I pushed him on his chest for him not to move any closer. "Aren't you afraid coming in a guy's house alone?" He asked again.

"Nope, I know Mrs. Hinata and Himawari are here also. Where are they?"

"They went out of town with Dad," he answered boringly.

"And you?"

"I don't want to ruin their moments."

"Is that why you didn't attend classes the whole week?"

"No, that's a different story." He said and went into their living room so I followed him.

He sat on their couch and lean his head on the wall, I stood in front of him while crossing my arms, "Care to explain why?" I asked.

He sighed and let the silence surround the room for some minutes before he answer.

"I wasn't around the village or in the house for 3 days," he said.

"Why?"

"Do I still to answer that? Why are you curious anyway?" He asked back and move his head close to me.

"I-I... am the President of our class, if you don't know. And I will take responsibilities of every students attendance and behavior." I said while wearing a smug face.

"Then.." he move closer, "Can you consider me---"

"Tadaima!!"