18

As we arrived in the Forest of Ai, Shikadai and Inojin were building the tents, Mitsuki and Chocho were arranging the foods we brought while Boruto and Sumire went somewhere to find some woods for tbe camping fire.

And I... I'm going to get some water, alone. Chocho said so.

Looking at my reflection on a clean river, I found myself in sorrow. Why am I sad? I should be happy right now.

Why can't I admit the fact? Why am I continuously denying? Why am I so afraid?

"A penny for your thoughts."

I quickly stood up with caution as someone talked beside me.

It was a stranger, a dragon tatoo all over his arm... And.. He's holding a gun.

Looking at his gun... Making me tremble in fear.

He won't kill me, right?

"Kon'nichiwa," he said in a smiley face but then turned into an evil smile. "Uchiha Sarada."

He knows my name!? How...

He walked slowly towards me. "W-who are you!?" I asked, slowly walking backwards.

"Guess." he said with a scary grin.

My mind is not working, I don't know what to do so I ran away back to where they were.

Help...

SUMIRE's POV

Me and Boruto went somewhere to pick some woods.

Birds are singing with silence surrounding the both of us.

I'm battling with my thoughts while picking up some woods.

Should I confess or not?

I don't know what will be the outcome if I confess. And if not, I wish this will still be the same.

"Sumire, watch out!" Boruto yelled and grab my wrist go pull me back to him.

"Oh s-sorry." I apologized and step back from him.

I was about to fall into a cliff, glad he was alert. My heart skipped a beat thinking that he saved my life.

"Let's head back." he said and was about to walk away but I grabbed the lower end of his shirt that made him stop. "Why?" he asked.

"Boruto, I n-need to say s-something..." my lips are trembling.

It's now or never. I'm going to say it!

"Sumire?" he held my wrist, making my heart beats faster that it is.

"I... I like you, B-boruto!" I yelled while my eyes are closed.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw him in shock. He loosen his grip on my wrist and looked down.

"Sumire..." he looked on his side with a sad face while his hand rubbing his nape. "I'm..."

He said a word I'm unable to hear. Reading his mouth saying that word making me deaf.

I knew it.

We were both looking down with his misfortune and my silence of dispair.

This is so... embarrassing.

*BANG!

"AAHHH!!"

But then we were shocked as we heard a loud trigger of a gun and a scream of a woman.

The scream, it's a familiar voice.