23

I was cutting some apples for Boruto when someone knocked the door. As I open it, there was Mitsuki gasping for air. 

"Mitsuki!"

"Where's Boruto?"

"Inside. What happened to you?"

"Pardon me." He entered the room without bothering to answer my question. "Boruto. Stop pretending like you're asleep. Wake up!"

Boruto sat up in no time. He even yawned while scratching his head. "What the heck, Mitsuki?"

"Our target ran away."

"Huh? Target?"

"Yeah. Mr. Sasuke went after him."

"OH SHT! I ALMOST FORGOT!" Boruto quickly stood up and ran away from the house without a word. 

Boruto... You...

"What was that, Mitsuki!? Can't he just say 'Bye' or 'I need to go' before leaving!?"

C'mon! I'm totally pissed right now. Boruto, you—!

I heard Mitsuki gently laughed. "I'm sorry, Sarada. He really needs to be hurry or else..."

"Or else what?"

He sighed. "Nevermind."

He was about to run too but I pulled the edge of his clothes to stop him. He looked back at me. 

"Don't say that 'nevermind' thing! Or I will be a curious cat! Come on! Tell me! What's with the target thingy!?"

"Sarada," he called my name in a gentle but alert tone. "It's none of your business."

Huh?

'None of your business', huh? That sentence hurts me more than I expect. 

I looked down with a gloomy face.

"Sarada—"

"Okay. It's none of my business." I repeated what he said and walked away the room. 

I went to the kitchen to place my sliced apples.

"What's with the frown, Sarada?" Mama asked. "Did Boruto—"

"It's nothing, Mama. Please don't mind me."

I went to my bedroom to change my clothes. 

"Where are you going?" grandma asked as she saw me rushing down from the attic.

"I'll just go with my friends." I said and opened the door. 

"Don't go too far. You'll get lost."

"Ayyeee!"

What I said was a complete lie.  I don't have any friends here. I'm afraid—this place was lack of children and teenagers, just adults. 

I just want to visit every place I've visited before. Like... Tha park! I missed that clean and silent park. 

*****

BORUTO's POV

"Target located." I said and hid myself on a blush from afar.

[Be careful. You might hurt someone.]

Huh? What does Mr. Sasuke means? "He's all alone there." I said. 

I was about to aim when Mitsuki stopped me. "No, Boruto. Look."

Sa.. Sarada...