Party Baby

I couldn't believe it. I couldn't actually believe it. You can't expect someone like me, the definition of invisible, the human chameleon, to actually believe that this was seriously going to happen. I'm not even being over dramatic. I was actually going to step into the shower. I was going to wash my hair with my coconut shampoo and scrub my body with my tropical mango body wash and then I was going to cream my legs till my skin basically morphed into silk.

No.

Unbelievable.

Un freaking believable.

I Monty Montgomery, was getting ready, for a...

Party.

There I said it. You can now actually understand what I'm talking about and either relate to my loser life style or agree as a leader of the social butterflies that someone like me should not be attending a high school party. I was attending a party and everyone was going to be there. Everyone who didn't know me was going to be there. Oh my god. Harrison. Harrison was going to be there. Yes I had had this revelation before, but now, as of right now at 4 o'clock on Saturday, it was finally sinking in.

Harrison Cole was going to be at this party and he was going to not be in uniform. I wasn't going to be in uniform. No one was going to be wearing uniform. Oh god. I'm- I'm a goner.

I jumped into the shower and made sure that washed and shaved till I looked and smelt like a flower petal. Hygiene was important for things like this. I wanted to smell good incase some asked me what my name was.

The warm water was actually really calming and I was able to slow my thoughts down and close my eyes for a few brief moments. Of course I lost it again when I got out and had to start picking out an outfit. Where was Sarah? She was mean to be here by now to help with this stuff. At least together we could both not know what to where and I wouldn't feel so stupid. Or stupid alone. Then as if Fate was listening to me I heard the doorbell downstairs.

"Mom! It's Sarah would you let her in!" I shouted clutching my towel around my still wet and dripping body. When I didn't hear an answer I groaned and added "Please!"

"Sure kiddo!" she replied and the front door opened. I let out a breath as I heard her greet Sarah and their voices mingled for a few seconds of greeting I dried off and quickly put on my robe. Sarah gave a light knock on my open door and I looked over and smiled at her.

"Hey," she said as I wrapped my hair up in the towel.

"Hey," I replied trying to balance it on my head.

"Sorry I'm a little late, Dillon and I stopped for coffee after the movie." She walked over and plopped down on my bed and then crossed her legs.

"No problem." I said casually, pretending that I wasn't freaking out about her whereabouts a couple of minutes ago. I smiled "How was the date then? Anything worth the worry?" I asked and she flushed and shook her head.

"It was fine. Really fun actually." She said and I nodded

"See, I told you. Did you tell Dillon about this party? Are you sure you don't want him as your plus one?" I asked her

"Yeah I told him, he was cool with it. He told me to have fun. And of course I want you to come with me. This is like.... Like how could I go to this party with out my best friend? We need to do this together! It's going to be so much fun though, Mont, like just..." she trailed off "Aren't you excited?" she asked staring at my tense face and knotted up hands.

"Yes! Of course I'm excited..." I said with little conviction and she frowned giving a look that said 'really?'. I sighed "I mean yes, I am excited, but... Sarah, aren't you nervous? Don't you think that we are... breaking the pecking order? We're jumping from our spot at the bottom to join the social butterflies."